Ch 80

I've been meaning to draw the other brother. Here he is, this is Jake.

Aria's POV

I shoved my last clothing item into my bag, and then let out a disgruntled sigh.

Who knew packing for a weekend would be so tiring?

"Aria, honey, are you ready? The boys will be here soon," Alastor called and I grabbed my bag and exited my room. My eyes scanned the area to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Then my gaze landed on the bouquet of flowers Alastor picked for me that day in the park. The flowers that he enchanted.

They're finally starting to wilt.

Quickly I turned and shut my door, then trotted over to the stairs.

This weekend is New Years weekend, and I asked Eliot and Jake if they would like to spend it with Alastor and I on a camping trip. There's a camping ground near where they set off the fireworks, and I've always wanted to go.

When I made it downstairs, I was breathless. Every day I feel tired and weak, but I can't figure out why.

I don't want to say anything to Alastor, it'll only make him worry. Plus, I won't have to worry about it anymore soon.

The more I thought about it the more excited I became. Through our entire relationship Alastor has given me the choice.

He let me choose our intimate moments.

He let me choose the pace.

And now he's letting me choose him.

That's what I love most about him. I've always had a choice with him...he's never lied to me.

So, I know I'm ready to go with him.

I gave him a big smile and he returned it, looking amused by me carrying my bag. It's about the same size as me, so I can see how it may look funny.

"Would you like a hand, dear?" He chuckled and I nodded. He casually took the bag with one hand, whereas I had been using all of my strength in both arms just to barely be able to hold it.

Fucking show off.

After he took it I took in a deep breath, and then there was a knock on the door.

My smile widened and I went over and threw the door open, revealing Eliot and Jake.

Eliot looked beyond elated and Jake gave me a soft smile.

"Y'all fuckers ready?" Eliot said excitedly and I nodded, stepping outside. Alastor followed, shutting the door.

I missed the wicked smile he shot at Jake, and also missed the quick middle finger that Jake sent back.

Soon we were all piled into Jake's SUV. Eliot sat up front and Alastor and I sat in the back. My entire body was aching, and my stomach hurt slightly but I was too excited to let that kill my mood.

I decided it would probably be wise for me to just sleep, so I snatched my blanket from my bag and curled up on my side of the car, putting my head against the window.

Then I felt something wrap around my shoulder and suddenly I was laying down on something soft.

Alastor ran his fingers through my hair and I opened my eyes and looked up at him with a smile. He had put me in his lap, and he used his free hand to gently tug my blanket to cover me properly.

Eliot was rambling on in the front seat about something that nobody cared about, but it was a nice background noise aside from the soft music from the radio.