Ch 86

Aria's POV

I shot up immediately and gasped as if I'd just been under water for too long.

"Shit!" I gasped out, "shit!"

I was covered in sweat and shaking. Suddenly I started coughing but I ignored the pain in my stomach and turned to Alastor next to me.

He had started to stir from my initial outburst and I grabbed him and shook violently.

"Alastor get up! Alastor get up!" I said frantically and he woke up fairly quickly after that. He shot forward and looked around worriedly before his glowing eyes settled on me.

"Sweetheart? What's the matter? Another drea—"

"Alastor, Mrs. Ida is your cousin!" I spit out and he froze. He blinked.

"My what...?"

"Your cousin! Alastor, Ida is Rosaline!" I said, my tone sounding more and more panicked. She's known! This entire time she's known!

She wanted him gone! But he's back and she knew!

My eyes widened as I remembered the priest she was with. I knew he wasn't from around here.

"Dear, slow down, how do you know this?" He asked me skeptically and I looked at him like he had lost his godamn mind again. I snatched the front of his shirt and yanked him forward.

"Alastor this entire fucking time she has known!" I hissed, "she knew the first day she met you! Alastor, she's the reason you got caught!" I said, exasperated.

His eyes seemed to gain some understanding of the situation, then.

"What...?" He breathed out quietly.

I let go of him, calming my breathing. I took a deep breath and spoke evenly.

"She sold you out." I said, my tone cold as I remembered it, "she framed you for something you didn't even do, and then sold you out." I hissed, getting angrier.

"She wanted you gone, Alastor..." I finished softly. The look in his eyes was killing me.

Hurt.

Just plain hurt. Heartbreak. Betrayal.

"She...no that's not...why?" He asked me pitifully, and I shrugged.

"She didn't say...she was talking to the police the night of your death, but she didn't say anything about...why," I said, and then my brows furrowed.

"The priest..." I mumbled, and Alastor's eyes widened.

"The priest..." he said back, sounding just as worried.

Just then there was a loud knock downstairs, like a banging on my front door.

I grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling myself closer to him.

"Kill me! Al you gotta kill me, please, let's just go, we don't have to think about it, please!" I begged him, and grabbed his hand.

Tears welled up in my eyes at this new circumstance. I stared up at him and he met my eyes, his expression looking scattered.

He looks scared.

"Alastor please let's go..." I whimpered. My stomach hurts so bad...

Suddenly I started coughing, blood splattered across Alastor's night shirt and I quickly covered my mouth.

My hands are shaking.