Ch 49

Aria's POV

The air felt warmer today, so I asked Alastor if he wanted to go on a walk.

He loves walking, so of course he said yes. However, what I really needed was some fresh air and time to think.

On Sunday he told me he wanted to show me what sex is meant to feel like...part of me still doesn't know if he was serious.

Making out and sex are two very different ball fields. I mean...should we jump straight into that...?

Maybe I should blow him first...or let him finger me...or—

My lips pursed and my face erupted in heat as I realized the things I was thinking. Now that I've said them in my head, I can't get the visuals to go away.

I wonder what faces he would make...or how he would look when he's about to c—

"Sweetheart, your face is red," came Alastor's voice next to me. Quickly I looked up at him and then away back to my feet.

I tried to fix the blush on my face but it only got warmer.

He chuckled and the noise sounded like music to me. My heart thumped in my chest and I tried to make it calm. Oh my god...is Eliot right?

There's no possible way I'm in love with him...there's no way...

And even if I am...he doesn't see me like that. I know he cares about me, but he's a demon.

If I told him how I was feeling he'd laugh in my face...

I sighed softly, and then suddenly Alastor's fingers slipped around mine and he laced our hands together. I looked up at him confusedly.

He just grinned at me and kept walking.

A stupid smile lifted to my lips and I reveled in the feeling of his hand in mine.

It was quiet as we walked, the occasional bird song sounding mixed with regular woodland noises.

The sunlight seeping through the treetops was really pretty.

My ears perked up when suddenly there was the distant sound of...running water? I looked around and then tugged Alastor towards the noise.

"Darling, where are we going?" He said curiously and I smiled up at him, excitement filling me.

"I hear water! Is there a lake or something?" I asked him, weaving my way towards the noise. He was following me effortlessly and he hummed.

"Uh...I believe their may be a small body of water up ahead..." he said thoughtfully and just then the trees thinned and a clearing came into view.

I gasped and my smile widened.

There was a small lake, or some sort of swimming hole. The running water sound was coming from a little waterfall.

I bounced in my spot excitedly and turned around to face Alastor. He was watching me with a tilted smile and shook his head.

"What, dear?" He chuckled and I pointed to the water.

"Let's go swimming! I haven't been swimming in years!" I said, a huge smile on my face. He looked as if he were giving it thought and then sighed.

He shrugged, "I suppose it is warmer today...if that's what you want dear, we can. The water may be a bit cold, though," he said and I clapped my hands.

"Yay!"

With that I grabbed the hem of my tank top and pulled it over my head, then dropped my shorts.