Ch 30

Alastor's POV

I kissed her...

I don't know what came over me...but I kissed her, and now I can't take that back.

But she kissed me back...

She didn't pull away or slap me. She kissed me back...actually, she kissed me, too. I pulled away when I realized what I'd just done.

But she pulled me back down...

Now that feeling I get whenever I'm with her is stuck in my stomach and it won't go away. She was curled up against my side, her hand on my chest.

We're still in the park.

We've been here for hours...after we kissed, she went back to her place on the blanket, but stayed close to me.

I can't get these butterflies to leave my stomach.

No creature, dead or alive, has ever made me feel this way. I've never been so compelled to protect something in all my life.

I had one arm behind my head, the other one was holding her. Her head was rested just by my shoulder, and I think she's asleep...

I checked her breathing...yea, she's asleep.

I took in a deep breath and held it.

Ok...so what now...?

I did something I can't take back...I have feelings I don't know what they mean...and a woman curled up next to me.

By the looks of the sky, it's about dinner time already. I should probably wake her up...

Suddenly she made a soft noise and her fingers curled around the fabric of my shirt. She pressed her nose further into the side of my chest and I blushed.

I shifted, turning my body to face her a bit more. Now her head is on my bicep.

Her face is relaxed, peaceful.

I sighed, then reached forward and brushed her hair back before I rubbed my thumb over her cheek.

"Aria..." I said softly, and she stirred.

"Mmnnm..."

My eyelids lowered and I tapped her cheek with my fingers. She squinted her eyes shut and swiped at my hand before burying her face further into my arm, hiding.

I chuckled, then shrugged.

"Ok, if you're not going to get up I guess we'll have to do this..." I said, and then moved, bringing her with me.

Her eyes opened up and she quickly grabbed my shirt, her other hand going around my neck as I picked her up.

"But I was comfy..." she pouted and I clicked my tongue.

"It's late, dear, we need to get home," I said back and she sighed softly before laying her head against my chest. Her eyes fell shut again.

"Ok..."

I smiled softer and then snapped my fingers, making the picnic setup disappear.

With that same snap I took us home.

She gasped, and her eyes opened, looking around.