Ch 6

Aria's POV

"As you wish."

I watched as the demon stepped away from me, my eyes narrowed.

To my amazement, his body simply dissipated into what looked like black smoke.

Part of me was telling myself I just experienced the most vivid hallucination of all time...the other half was telling me there was no way that wasn't real.

I looked over at the notebook on the floor,

Walking over, I picked it up. I flipped it over in my hand, feeling the heft it had. The leather cover was real, and looked sleek.

I looked once more to the page that had the most recent writing on it.

But it was gone.

No trace of the red message remained, only a blank page.

I sighed heavily and walked over to my nightstand, tossing the journal onto it with a very soft thud following.

My hands found their way over my face, my body falling back onto my mattress. I relaxed instantly, groaning.

Only I could put myself in this situation. Sharing my house with the dead previous owner.

I mean, if all he wants me to do is not break anything or rearrange, I guess that's not so bad...

Pulling my legs up into the bed with me, I tugged the comforter back and slipped under it. Immediately I snuggled into the softness of my mattress.

When my eyes closed I heard that question he asked me.

Why didn't I beg...that's what he wanted to know.

The answer was simple.

Because he wanted me to.

And I'll be god damned if I give in to that freak and his sick desires. However, I knew if I said that he would undoubtedly find the audacity to be offended, and make my death painful.

So I came up with some humble slogan.

If I had known he was going to chicken out, I would've said it to his face.

My body felt exhausted, the day's events of settling into my new home and within the exact same day meeting a demon from hell made me tired.

Slowly my eyes closed, my breaths evening out as I slipped into unconsciousness.

**

SLAM!

I gasped sharply when there was a loud slam somewhere in my house.

I frantically searched for my lamp, trying to turn it on so I could see. To my dismay, my lamp seems to have disappeared.

I squinted, trying to get my eyes to focus in the darkness. All I could make out was masses of shapes.

I jumped and clutched the covers close to my chest when the sound of footsteps suddenly sounded, getting closer and closer to me.

As the footsteps approached, so did the sound of a man humming softly.

I pushed further against the headboard, my eyes wide as I stared at the door. The knob jiggled and then twisted and the door swung open.

I felt like my breath was stolen when standing there was...Alastor.

But...not the one I met, the one from the pictures. He was wearing a brown vest over a white dress shirt. Suspenders held his black slacks up, and around his neck was an undone bow tie.

The first couple of buttons on his dress shirt were undone.

He had a soft smile on his face, and he was humming quietly to a tune I didn't recognize.

Slowly my gaze fell to his hands, and then that familiar icy feeling set into my bones. His hands were soaked...drenched in blood. I couldn't see even a molecule of his skin beneath the blood.

It was then I noticed the splatters of it on his shirt and vest.

My mouth hung open as I watched him walk into the room. The light from when he opened the door was the only thing illuminating the room.

He grabbed something off a dresser......actually wait...that's the dresser I moved to storage.

He took a flame to the object and lit it. An oil lamp is what it turned out to be.

He sat it back in its place, still humming as if he were doing any normal old daily activity. As if he weren't covered in someone's blood.

My body that had lost some of its tension immediately went rigid when he turned and faced me head on.

My breath caught in my throat when our eyes met, but it was as if he couldn't even see me. He walked over, making my body retreat further against the headboard.

But all he did was light another oil lamp that was on the night stand.

So that's why I couldn't find my lamp.

He continued doing casual activities, and when he'd lit the last oil lamp, he sighed.

Now that the room was lit, I could see it clearly wasn't my room anymore. It was his.

He stood up fully and walked over to his dresser. He pulled out some night clothing, I'm assuming that's what it was, and sat it on the bed.

Mind you I'm still curled up under his covers, watching him, and he seems to not even know I'm here.

He went towards the attached bathroom, then, and took a lamp with him.

"Hello, bathtub," he hummed, and I would have laughed at him if I weren't so petrified. He starting running the water and came back out.

My eyes widened when he started peeling his clothing away. My body wanted to move, to evacuate this situation but I was frozen. I was afraid if I moved even an inch his head would snap in my direction.

My eyes were glued to him as he threw his shirt and vest to the floor.

His chest and stomach looked hard, the soft outline of his muscles creating shadows on his body because of the flickering light from the oil lamps.

With each movement his muscles moved as well and I scolded myself for the heat rising to my cheeks.

There are two reason why I should not be finding him attractive in this moment.

Number one. Serial killer.

Number two, this is super fucking weird, and I'm very uncomfortable. I feel like I definitely shouldn't be watching this right now.

He started undoing his pants, and it was then that I started freaking out, "stop stop stop!" I let out, covering my eyes. Then I felt like I was falling.

My body jerked forward with a sharp gasp and wide eyes. I looked around my dark room, reaching over once more to turn my lamp on.

This time, I was successful, the bright light revealing my bedroom.

A dream...? Why would I dream of something like that...it felt so real.

I took in a shaky breath, running my hands down my face.

My heart was still pounding in my chest. That was so weird...it was probably just because of the stress I went through yesterday.

I need to forget about that demon...as long as I don't mess up his house, he'll leave me alone, so I have nothing to worry about.

I glanced at my bedside clock, and the time read 5:30 am.

Well...

I suppose now is as good a time as any to get a head start on cleaning this place.