Ch 31

Idk, I felt like drawing something like this. It's kinda shitty😭

The angel that just pissed him off might want to run, tho.

Aria's POV

I was humming softly, a smile on my face as I fiddled with the little bouquet of flowers Alastor made for me.

Whatever he did to them seems to be working, it's been almost a week and they haven't wilted at all.

I'm not sure what this makes us...but each day he seems to loosen up just a little bit more.

Yesterday he went back to hell...he said he needed to "check on his territory".

I don't really know what that means, but at the same time I'm a little bit scared to ask.

I found that I quickly missed him after he'd gone. It's quiet around the house without him here...way too quiet.

Wherever he goes there's just this tiny buzz of static and it's calming to me. Especially when I'm laying on him, it sounds like a low crackle, and puts me to sleep quickly.

So, to fill the silence I sang to myself, no song in particular. Just random noises, like la's and humming and random notes I felt like producing.

I started dancing around the kitchen, just occupying myself. I've finished my work for today, and there's been no sign of Alastor...

Ugh, I'm bored.

I blew a raspberry from my lips and checked the flowers one last time, making sure they were arranged properly.

Then I turned and headed further into the house, down the long hallway that leads towards the back office.

My feet carried me and I wasn't paying attention until I came up to a familiar hallway. Looking up, I saw the attic door.

With just about 50 layers of tape over it.

I covered my mouth to stifle a laugh, and went to the closet, grabbing my step ladder.

After a lot of effort and a few swears, I removed all the tape...and a bit of paint from the attic door.

I whistled softly, stepping down from the ladder and pushing it aside. I grabbed the attic door hook, pulling the small square door out.

The ladder unfolded and I stepped back so it wouldn't hit me. With a soft smile I ascended into the attic.

I pulled myself up, standing up after I got my bearings. I felt around for the light, pulling the string after I found it. The room illuminated, and I looked around.

This was his life...

I walked over to the box I found the journal in, lowering to my knees. I touched the pictures inside, and looked through them again.

I had a soft smile on my face. The fear I first felt after learning what he was was no where to be felt.

My smile faltered then, and I looked at the picture in my hands. It was of him holding a buck up by his antlers.

He was dressed in nice hunting clothes, wearing gloves and a cute little hat.

Who took these pictures...?

I didn't think long on that, shrugging it off. It was probably just one of his friends.

Just then, I noticed something... something tucked away behind this box, between the wall and another box.

I curiously reached forward, grabbing hold of it. It's a little book.

I held it gently, since it's probably very old, and looked over it.