Ch 58

Very old sketchdump I did for my other story!

Aria's POV

Alastor and I spent the entire night out in town. The sun had set hours ago, and now we were just walking down the street, talking with each other.

We were casually holding hands, something he's been doing recently, and he was telling me probably the most awful jokes I've ever heard.

He had them back to back, as if he studied them religiously. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

He chuckled slightly after telling yet another one, and I had to catch my breath.

"I'm glad you enjoy my jokes, dear, not many people do," he said and I shook my head.

"They're so bad..." I said through my laughter.

He chuckled again and squeezed my hand. He sighed then, looking up at the night sky.

I looked up as well, and we stopped, just staring up at the sky.

A soft exhale left my throat, and I laid my head against his arm before pointing up.

"Look there...do you know much about stars?" I asked him and he hummed softly, shaking his head.

I looked back at the brightest star in the sky and reached over, grabbing his face gently and making him look in the proper direction.

"You see that star," I said softly, releasing his face. He stayed where I put him, just looking up at it.

He nodded and I smiled, looking at the bright star as it twinkled.

"That's the North Star..." I continued, "that star is the brightest in the sky...no matter what the weather looks like or what time of year it is, that star is always visible..."

"My mom told me that no matter how lost I feel...no matter where I am, or how far away she may be...that the North Star will always lead me back home..."

I looked over at him, and it took him a moment, but he looked down at me.

His eyes were a calm red color. They turn red whenever he's completely comfortable and calm.

Or angry...but that's usually a darker red.

"I never believed in that kind of stuff...that suspicious, supernatural nonsense..." I said with a chuckle and Alastor smirked at that, "but...ever since she died...I feel like it's been just a little bit brighter." I said with a small smile.

"And I think I know now what she said is true..." I said, my voice sounding quieter.

He tilted his head.

"Why is that, sweetheart?" He asked me and I took a bit of his shirt in my hand, tugging him closer to me.

I took a step forward as well, and then laid my forehead against his chest, letting my eyes close.

"Because it lead me to you..." I whispered.

He froze.

I felt myself get squished against him in a hug, and his scent was the only thing I could focus on. I wrapped my arms around him, just enjoying this moment.

A soft sigh left my throat and finally he released me and just smiled down at me.

His eyes softened as he looked at me and he brushed his fingers over my cheek.

Everything was still and quiet. The night was calm, and everything seemed perfect.

Alastor's eyes looked to be searching my features, just observing me. He looked like he was thinking.