Ch 62

Cute little face Al gets to see everyday

Alastor's POV

After Aria recovered her cookies, I pulled her aside. I wanted to speak with her alone before she went out with this insect.

She stood in front of me, looking uncomfortable with her arms crossed. Her hair was messy and I could tell she was less than happy about this.

"Dear, you don't have to..." I said softly and she shook her head.

"Yes I do...Alastor he thinks you're hitting me, of course I have to prove you're not," she said, looking up into my eyes. I pursed my lips, and then sighed.

"I know...dear, I know...alright, just...be safe," I said, and then I glanced at the man across the room glaring daggers into my back.

I sure would like him to fucking try me.

The only reason he's not a stain on the wall is because Aria looked at me so desperately.

So, once again, he owes her his life.

Before she turned to walk away, I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her up, pressing my lips against hers.

My eyes closed and I furrowed my brows, pulling her close. Then I opened my eyes and looked directly at Jake.

We locked eyes and he scoffed before looking away.

He had his arms crossed, it was clear the sight bothered him, and I smiled. I broke the kiss and finally let her walk away from my side and over to his.

I put my hands into my pockets to hide my claws, just smiling through the intense desire to eviscerate this bastard as soon as his hand touched her back to lead her towards the door.

As soon as his back was turned, I teleported closer to them, waiting for Aria to step out the door.

Once she did, I grabbed Jake and slammed the door, putting him against the wall.

His eyes were wide and he seemed surprised by my strength.

"If I find out you did anything untoward during this unnecessary outing..." I started lowly, staring into his eyes. He stared at me silently, and I leaned forward close to his ear.

"I'll fucking kill you." I growled quietly, then pulled away with a smile, and straightened his shirt. I patted his shoulder and stepped back, shoving my hands back into my pockets.

The door opened, revealing Aria looking at us confusedly. I gave her an innocent smile and Jake nervously exited, throwing me a glance.

I walked out onto the porch, watching them go to his car. I sighed heavily as he opened the door for Aria before rounding to the drivers side.

At least he has manners.

Once they started backing out, and the car slowly got smaller, my shadow appeared at my side.

I was staring straight ahead, and my smile fell the further away the car got.

My shadow just stood next to me, waiting for a command.

So I gave him one.

"Follow them"

**

Aria's POV

I sat silently in the car, looking out the window. Jake was quiet as well, the only noise being the radio.

I was hugging myself, holding my arms.

The thing is, I didn't even know those bruises were there. It's like they pop up overnight, and go away just to appear in a different place.