Ch 71

Aria is about to lose it, Eliot won't stop talking, Alastor is doing his best😂😂

Alastor's POV

I can't sleep...

Something about that library made me feel uneasy...when I touched the door, I could tell immediately that someone had bewitched the entire building.

Bewitched...there's someone else in this town who knows dark magic.

I have a feeling of who it is...

But where could she have gone off to? I checked the entire area, kept my senses on high alert and there was no sign of her.

So where...

The bed shifted next to me and I glanced down at Aria. Her sleeping face was calm, but her eyes still looked tired. Those dark circles were still there.

My mouth was formed into a soft frown and I pushed a bit of hair from her eyes. Then I rested my hand against her forehead.

She feels cold...

My eyes widened and quickly I checked her breathing, a panic unlike anything I've ever felt before settling into my bones.

She's breathing...just fine, actually. Her heart is beating normally as well.

She's just cold...

I sighed through my nose and pursed my lips, brushing my fingers over cheek gently. Within a moment my palm was heated and I pressed my hand against her neck by her pulse.

Using the pulse should help her heat faster...

It took a moment, but she did become warmer. She smiled slightly and snuggled into her pillow more, and I couldn't help but smile at that.

Realizing I'm not going to sleep any time soon, I threw my legs over the side of the bed and quietly got up. I gently covered her back up, and made sure she was tucked in so none of her heat could escape.

With the wave of my hand my boxers and tank top turned into a sweater and sweatpants. Maybe sitting outside will help me clear my head.

Maybe it'll help me think straight...

So I made my way downstairs, heading to the back door. As soon as I opened it, cold air blasted me in the face and I closed my eyes.

When I stepped out I made sure to close the door quietly, and then walked over to the small seating area she created on the back porch.

The cushions on her little swing were covered in snow but with the flick of my wrist they were clean and dry. I settled in, looking out into the vast back yard that once belonged to me.

I let my face relax, and sighed. I could leave...

I could go back to hell right now, leave her life and set her free.

I could...

She could be free...free of me, and free of the stress I'm obviously putting on her health...no matter what I tell myself...

I know it's me...

So then why does leaving seem so...out of the question...

As if it's something I physically can't do...even though with a simple snap of my fingers I could be back in the hotel.

I could leave her behind. Leave her to live her life...to live with Jake, and be happy...

She wouldn't have to dodge questions or pretend I'm someone I'm not around her friends...