Ch 66

Oh look at that, a big steaming bowl of foreshadowing :)

Aria's POV

I was smiling as I pushed the cart down the isle. I convinced Alastor to go Christmas shopping with me, and so far he's been good.

He hasn't...hurt anyone...which is always good.

"Darling, how much longer are we going to be here," he grumbled next to me, and I sighed.

"As long as it takes, so don't whine," I shot him a glare and continued looking at miscellaneous Christmas items.

He groaned and then mumbled something under his breath. I rolled my eyes and kept grabbing anything I thought our friends may like.

I lifted my eyes to scan the area and then gasped sharply.

This caused Alastor to jump, and I promptly shoved the cart over to him and trotted over to the display that had a head band with little deer antlers on it.

I grabbed it and looked over it with a smile, trotting back over to Al.

He gave me a weird look, probably thinking I've lost my mind, and then I plopped the antlers on my head and held my arms out.

His look switched to surprised and he looked at the little antlers for a second. Then I noticed a bit of a blush dust his cheeks and he smiled wider.

"We're buying those," he said firmly and snapped his fingers. The antlers appeared in the cart and he handed it back to me.

"You gotta stop using your powers," I hissed and he rolled his eyes.

"The idiots in this town barely know their left from their right, we're fine," he said back and I pouted.

"Does that include me?" I said with a fake sadness and looked up at him with big puppy eyes.

He looked down at me with a bored expression.

"Yes, especially you," he said flatly and I dropped my expression, lowering my eyelids.

We continued shopping, and it wasn't long before he started to get itchy again. I had tuned out his complaining, but his voice was starting to irk me as well.

Suddenly I spotted the changing rooms, and my eyes widened as my smile perked up.

I narrowed my eyes and glanced to the side at Alastor as an idea popped up in my head.

I know what'll shut him up...

Casually I turned the cart and started towards the fitting rooms, causing Alastor to follow me.

"Dear? What are you doing?" He asked me, and I hummed softly.

"Nothing," I said in a slightly singsong voice, and he walked hesitantly next to me.

I parked my cart out next to the fitting rooms, and then I took his hand and led him in.

He followed me quietly, just looking around and observing the area. There's no one over here, I didn't even see a worker.

This made my smile widen further and I took him to one of the bigger fitting rooms, and pushed him in. Then I stepped in and shut the door, locking it.

He looked at me confused, and then around at the room.

"Dear...? Did you bring me in here to kill me?" He asked with amusement behind his tone and he was about to speak again before I put my hand on his chest.

I trailed my fingers over the buttons on his shirt, lowering my eyelids with a sly smile. His look quickly changed and he caught on.

"Oh...oh...dear...u-um, are you s-sure this is the best place for—"