Ch 22

Me: *laughing in the dark at my own drawing*

That thing in the middle is just my signature.

Alastor's POV

The feeling of her fingers against my arm was foreign.

I've escorted many women in my lifetime and after-lifetime...but somehow this feels different.

Her arm isn't loosely around mine as we walk, her hands are firmly grasping my muscle, our skin touching.

Normally the sensation would be enough to make me vomit, but oddly, her touch doesn't bother me.

It hasn't since the first day I met her.

The smile on her face as she speaks is beautiful. I haven't been listening to a single word she's saying, but the sound of her voice is like none other.

I don't know what to do with these newfound emotions.

I try to tune into her stories, but each time I do my brain immediately shifts back to our dance.

My heart...it hasn't beat so hard in all my time breathing. Nothing has ever made my thoughts scramble so quickly.

Looking down at her as I dipped her, I found myself perplexed. Such a spectacle of a woman deserves so much in this shitshow called life, yet the hand dealt to her was that of abuse and death.

With no more than two weeks this woman has charmed me in a way I can't describe in words.

"Alastor!"

I jumped slightly, turning my head down to look at the small creature beside me. Her skin held warmth...life. So much of it.

Beautiful caramel eyes, with a tablespoon of honey to make them pop.

So lovely...

"Alastor, are you still there?" She asked, snapping in front of my face.

I blinked, and she was wearing a little smile. We had ceased walking at this point, just standing in the middle of the sidewalk.

I widened my smile, realizing I had let it slip slightly.

"Yes, dear, I'm sorry I was just..." very perplexed about my own thoughts, "...thinking."

"Damn, deep ass thoughts," she hummed, "anyway, I was asking you how fast you could get us back to my car? The sun is setting, and there's something I really want to show you before we go home," she said eagerly, a glint shining in her eye as her smile broadened.

I felt heat crawl up my neck, my immediate thought being to do whatever the hell she wanted the second she told me to do it.

Oh boy.

"As fast as you need, sweetheart," was my response, and she smiled bigger.

"Ok, do your snappy thing, I really want you to see this..." she said, putting her hand up and snapping how I do when I teleport or summon something.

I chuckled softly, looking around a moment. I gently lead her towards a back alleyway, and she followed me.

I tuned into her breathing and heartbeat.

Calm. She's calm.

My smile turned up just a bit more and as soon as we were far enough, I turned towards her.

"Ok, are you ready? It's a bit strange the first time," I said and she nodded eagerly.

"Alright, come, come, you need to be close to me," I gestured for her to come over to me. She did so, and I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her into my chest.