Ch 32

I'm not apologizing.

Aria's POV

I descended down the attic stairs, a soft sigh escaping my lips.

I stared up into the darkness for a moment before pushing the stairs back up and sealing the entrance.

Turning, I started walking back towards the front of the house.

I glanced at the stairs, a quick memory of myself sprinting up them my first night here passing through my head.

With a soft smile I shook my head, continuing forward.

I was just about to enter my living room when a knock to my front door made me jolt, my head snapping in the direction of the noise.

My brows furrowed and I stood in place for a moment.

That's not Alastor...no, he wouldn't knock.

Who is at my door...

I haven't ordered anything...

Warily I approached the door, my hand reaching towards the knob. I hesitated, biting my lip.

Just when I was about to turn around and ignore it all together, a voice floated through from the outside.

"Ari?"

Oh! It's Eliot!

My expression lifted into a smile, my hand grasping the knob and pulling the door open. I smiled up at him widely.

"Hey, Eliot!" I said, and then quickly followed that with, "how did you get my address...?"

His eyes widened as if it just occurred to him how strange it was.

"Oh! Mrs. Ida gave it to me," he said with a smile and I nodded, smiling back and welcoming him in.

He stepped in, past me, and it was just then my smile strained and my eyebrows furrowed as I froze completely.

I never told Mrs. Ida my address...

Quickly I shook it off...she probably just...she...how the fuck did she get my address-?

"Wow Ari, this house is fuckin huge..." Eliot breathed out, looking around. I snapped out of my daze and looked at him.

"Yea," I chuckled, "it's ancient, too," I said and he nodded.

"Yea, I heard. You got it for cheap, right?" He glanced over at me, "I mean...because of the previous owner..."

I glanced to the side, my smile twitching slightly.

"Yes, I did," I chuckled nervously and Eliot hummed.

We walked to my living room and he plopped onto the couch. I sat next to him and curled my legs beneath myself, facing him.

"I wouldn't have been able to do it," he murmured, and then shivered, "I mean...what was the guy's name anyway? Alexander?" He said, looking towards me.

"Alastor," I corrected quickly and matter of factly. He blinked, staring at me for a moment.

"Yea, him...man, I can't believe he used to live here..." he looked around, "and is this all of his stuff?"

I nodded, "yep, I just decided to keep everything," I shrugged and he looked down at the couch we were sitting on.

"I sincerely hope no one died on this couch..." he mumbled and then shook his head, "anyway, I'm so glad you're home!" He said with a wide smile.

I smiled back, a happy feeing bubbling in my chest.

"I'm glad I'm home, too!" I giggled, and then Eliot and I just sat together, talking on the couch.