Ch 68

Does he have it under control...?

Alastor's POV

"Alastor!"

Something shook me and I groaned. My arm went over my eyes and whatever was shaking me kept persisting.

"Al, get up!"

"Aria, darling, what time is it..." I mumbled, keeping my arm over my eyes. She threw herself across my stomach, knocking the air out of me.

Finally, I dropped my arm to find her laid across me dramatically. She was wearing cute winter pajamas, and it was then I noticed her room is chilled.

"It's 7 am!" She said, a huge smile on her face. I haven't seen her so perky in weeks.

The sight made me smile and she pulled herself off of me and then sat on her knees and grabbed my arm, tugging me.

"Get up! It fuckin snowed!" She said giddily and this made my eyes widen slightly.

It actually snowed? In Louisiana?

I glanced over at her window, the glass looked frosted and I could see outside the trees were dusted in the white powder.

"Well, I'll be damned..." I mumbled quietly and she snorted.

"You already are," she said and I realized then what I'd said and my eyelids lowered. Then her eyes wondered down to my chest and exposed torso and she pointed at me.

"As much as I love looking at you, you may want to put a shirt on. It's kinda cold," she said and I scoffed softly, but snapped and made a long sleeve black shirt appear on my body.

She slipped off the bed and ran over to the window, hopping onto the nook and sitting on her knees. She was looking outside, and I could practically feel the excitement rolling off of her.

That sight alone was enough to make my entire morning.

I pushed myself up and tossed the covers off of me. When my feet met the hardwood I flinched.

It really is cold.

Making my way over to Aria, I took a moment to observe her. I check on her vitals and appearance every morning.

Her heartbeat is normal...

My hands met her arms and I rubbed down gently, then squeezed her bicep slightly.

Blood pressure is normal...

She's alright.

I slid my hands back up to her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. She just kept looking out the window at the endless sea of white.

I have to admit...it is very pretty. The snow glittered in the early morning light, giving the world a sparkly appearance. I haven't seen snow in so long...

My ears perked up when I remembered something.

Waving my hand, Aria's pills appeared in my palm and I reached around to hand them to her. Then I manifested her a glass of water and she mindlessly took her medicine, barely taking her eyes away from the snow.

After a moment of us observing the world, she spoke.

"I wanna go outside..." she said and I tilted my head.

"Why...?"

She spun around, standing up on her knees and gathering a bit of my shirt in her hands. Her eyes were big and absolutely full of light. The smile on her face could put mine to shame and I softened at the sight.