Ch 47

Aria's POV

Slowly I blinked my eyes open. I was confused for a moment, forgetting where I had fallen asleep.

I used my hand to feel around and came into contact with something hard and warm. My eyes opened a bit more and I realized I was laying against Alastor.

The thing I had touched was his chest.

His chest rose and fell evenly and I realized he's asleep. We were still in the same position as before, sitting in the nook.

My eyes wondered to the window and it had stopped raining. The water droplets that were left against the glass glittered, and there was soft birdsong drifting through from the outside.

From the look of it, it seems to be sometime in the afternoon now.

I stretched, wincing slightly before maneuvering myself to where I could see Alastor a bit better. His face was peaceful, his head was rested against the window.

Some of his hair had fallen into his face, so I reached up and pushed it back, then I just watched him.

God, he is so attractive...every time I look at him I just can't help but think that.

My cheeks heated up slightly. Whenever I'm given more than 2 minutes to think about his and my relationship, I just get flustered.

"Don't you know staring is considered rude...?" He spoke suddenly, not opened his eyes. His voice was deep and tired, and my cheeks flushed.

"You're just...really attractive..." I said softly. I feel the need to let him know.

It was his turn to blush, and his eyes opened just barely.

His relaxed expression lifted into a smile. I felt his hand that was against my waist gently rub against my side.

"Well someone woke up on the sweeter side..." he mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Never mind, you're gross," I shot back and his eyelids lowered.

He chuckled and sat up slightly, "there you are," he said before sighing. His eyes squinted shut as he stretched and then he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed.

I squeaked and he gave a little evil laugh. I punched him lightly in the rib cage and he jumped.

"Owww..." he whined and I rolled my eyes.

"I wish I could've gotten that moment on video just so I could blackmail you in hell when I die," I said and he started laughing. His chest vibrated with the noise and it caused me to smile before I pushed off of him and sat up, moving to the opposite side of the nook.

My back was against the other wall, now, and I was facing him. I took the blanket with me.

"If you did that it would quite possibly ruin me," he said matter of factly and I chuckled.

I pulled the blanket up to my chin, just staring at him. He was smiling softly, the lighting from the window causing him to have a glow.

His hair was a bit fluffy, and his ears were relaxed instead of pointing straight up.

"So...did you get everything done down there that you needed to...? Can you spend the rest of today with me?" I asked him hopefully and he looked out the window thoughtfully before looking back to me.

"Well, I...dear, it's not as simple as just...getting work done..." he explained and then he sighed, "if you want my "job" in layman's terms, I am on call...if one of my associates informs me I'm needed, I return to hell...make sense?" He finished, looking at me.