Ch 79

I'm aware I forgot his scars...anyway, enjoy this soft NSFW drawing 😮‍💨

Aria's POV

I just stared at him.

It took me a second to properly process what he said, but when I did I couldn't really come up with anything to respond with.

"What?" I asked quietly, and his grip on my hand tightened just barely.

"I'm offering to kill you, Aria," he repeated. Ok, so I did hear him correctly.

I felt slightly nervous, then, and glanced at our hands.

"L-like...right now...?" I stuttered slightly and his eyes widened barely as he realized how insanely creepy he sounds.

"No no no, dear, not...well, if you wanted me to right this moment I guess I would, but I know you probably don't want that," he said, and he was still on his knees in front of me, so I decided to join him.

I lowered to my knees and scooted closer to him.

He was looking down at me, and the light coming in from my window is starting to dim. I thought it over for a moment...

"So...you're offering to kill me...and take me to hell?" I asked curiously and he nodded, reaching forward and pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Yes...only if that's what you desire, honey. I'm giving you a choice...you could come and stay with me...or you could stay up here," he said. Then his eyebrows furrowed.

"I will warn you Aria, before you choose, there is no guarantee that you will look the same when you reach hell...your appearance could change drastically or not at all. And your friends...there's no guarantee they will meet you down there one day..."

My eyes fell to our hands. He was just holding mine gently, his thumb brushing over my knuckles.

Every option I went through in my head leads me back to him...I know eventually he will have to leave if I stay here...

This is the first time in my life I've felt certain of what I want...and what I want is him.

I'm in love with him...a love I've never felt until I met him. I'm not going to waste that.

"I accept your offer..." I said barely above a whisper. I barely even registered myself speaking.

My eyes lifted to meet his as he was looking back at me with a soft expression. He moved his hand to touch my face, and I leaned into his touch.

"Ok...then it's settled. When would you like to go, my dear?" He asked me and I sighed. I thought about Eliot...Jessica...Jake...

Kelsie...

I may never see them again, but...

This chapter of my life isn't over yet...it doesn't just end with him leaving me and breaking my heart.

It ends with us being together...

I still need to tell him know how I feel, but that can wait for a better time...

"I...I want to go soon...but I want to spend time with Eliot and Jake first..." I said softly, my eyes still focused on my hands.

There was a dull ache in my chest. I won't be able to see Kelsie before I go...

"I need to make a phone call," I said quietly, standing up. My feet carried me out into the hall and I pulled out my phone.

Dialing her number, I took a deep breath and lifted it to my ear.