Ch 19

Enjoy my thinking process when drawing Alastor lmfao

Aria's POV

I fixed my shirt, looking over my appearance once more in the mirror.

"Dear, please, are you ready?" Alastor whined from the other side of the closed bedroom door. I heavily rolled my eyes, walking over and yanking the door open.

He nearly fell into me because apparently he'd been leaning against it. When he regained his balance he glared at me.

"It is not my fault you were leaning on the door," I said flatly, grazing past him. A tiny smile broke onto my face once I knew he couldn't see my expression.

He was next to me in an instant, hands behind his back as he walked with me down the stairs.

He started rambling about some politics in hell, and I just barely listened to him, grabbing my car keys out of the ceramic dish by the door.

My eyes widened when he snatched the keys from my hands.

"A lady shouldn't have to drive herself," he tsk'd me, and I looked at him like he'd gone mad.

"Have you lost your mind?" I asked and he held up his thumb and point finger, narrowing the space between them with a cheeky smile.

I reached for my keys but he held them away from me, opening the door to escape my advances.

"I am driving!" He hummed in a singsong voice, heading towards my very nice Honda Civic. I had half a mind to tackle him to get those damn keys.

I walked behind him, fuming slightly.

My brain took me back to an hour prior...to the moment we shared in my room. My fuming subsided, but the heat in my cheeks remained.

My scowl relaxed and a soft frown was left in its place.

Being lost in though I slipped into the passenger seat without any further protest. Alastor appeared in the driver's side, putting the key in the ignition.

The sound of the engine roaring to life snapped me from my daze, and I looked over at him. He seemed to know what he was doing, which surprised me.

"Who taught you how to drive a modern car?" I asked him, and he sent me a sideways glance before he put the car in reverse and started backing up.

"Darling, just because I died in 1933 doesn't mean I just shut off my ability to learn anything past that point," he chuckled and I blushed slightly in embarrassment.

I mean, yea that makes sense.

"If you wreck my car I'll kill you," I grumbled, turning to look out the window. The drive into town from his house was about 15 minutes. It is a very secluded house.

"I'm afraid somebody else already beat you to the punch," he said, and I looked over at him. Outside of my dreams, his human form looked exactly the same.

The only difference was the modern clothing he'd begrudgingly put on. It was only a T-shirt and jeans, but I swear he'd acted like I shot him when I firmly requested he dress normally.

I pondered for a moment how he died, and opened my mouth to ask. Then the words caught and I bit my lip.

Perhaps now isn't the right time for that.

Instead I reached forward, switching on my radio. Some music started playing and I made a face, clicking a few icons on the small touch screen.

Alastor sent me a few glances, but other than that kept his eyes on the road.