Ch 38

Oh Alastor...

Not a chapter illustration.

Alastor's POV

The water pelted my face and chest as I stood under the shower head.

Cold shower.

Very, very cold shower.

My heart still has not stopped hammering and, strangest of all, there's a dull ache between my legs.

Like a pain that won't go away.

I growled softly and tried to calm myself down. Every time I get close to slowing my heartbeat my brain takes me back to earlier.

Her little moans, each noise she made just motivated me. The way her fingers trailed across my skin, and her legs wrapped around my waist...

She's making this beyond difficult...

My natural instincts just wanted me to make her mine, and mine alone. Leave my mark and make sure everyone knows who she belongs to.

Then I have to remind myself she does not belong to me.

I'm sure she knew what she was doing to me. The pants I was wearing didn't exactly make it the easiest to hide.

A knock came to the bathroom door, causing me to jolt.

"Alastor? Are you alright? You've been in there a while," came Aria's voice and I quickly called back.

"Yes, sweetheart, I'm quite alright!"

But I was not quite alright.

I am having quite a crisis, actually.

"Ok, well I'm coming in, I gotta get ready," she called back and the door opened.

My eyes widened when her scent clouded my senses.

That scent only she carries.

The ache got worse and I looked at her soft silhouette move on the other side of the shower curtain.

My mouth formed into a wary frown and my ears lowered. This is bad...each moment I spend here with her makes me want her more.

It would be my absolute pleasure to court her, but unfortunately for me...

I'm dead. Literally.

I'm also one of the most feared overlords in all of hell, currently spending most of his time in the over world with a mortal girl.

I also still don't understand these feelings. These blasted feelings that I get whenever I touch her. I have never before wanted to kiss someone, that desire never even passed my mind.

Not even when I was alive did I ever feel such a way towards another person.

So to look at her and just want to hold and squeeze her and kiss her all over is new to me.

"Alastor, you've been in the shower for like 40 minutes," came her voice right outside the curtain.

"If you don't get out, I'm going to be forced to come in there with you," she threatened playfully.

Quite a tempting threat...

I sighed and shut the water off, shaking my hair out so I could lift my ears again.

Suddenly the shower curtain pulled back slightly and I jumped, immediately moving to cover myself.

Aria was holding a towel towards me, her other hand firmly placed over her eyes. I relaxed and rolled my eyes, smiling softly before taking the towel.