Ch 33

You have 10 seconds.

I'm feeling generous. So, here, have an extra chapter.

Aria's POV

He stared down at me a moment longer, and then shook his head.

"Well now I just feel stupid..." he mumbled and I punched his arm lightly.

"You should, dummy," I teased him and he rolled his eyes. Then he snatched me up by the waist, growling softly before he fell back onto my bed with me.

He squished me against his chest, and my legs fell on either side of him.

He squeezed me lightly, making a small squeak involuntarily leave my body. He then chuckled and I lowered my eyelids.

"I'm not a squeaky toy, Al," I grumbled and he squeezed me again, forcing out the noise once more.

"Then why do you sound like one~" he purred and I raised my hand, curling my fingers threateningly.

"I will use these," I said darkly and his laugh quickly ceased.

That's what I thought.

I then tried to push up off of him, realizing how long I've been gone. He, however, had different plans.

He held me securely, giving me no room to move at all.

"No no no...where do you think you're going?" He asked me, and I wriggled against him.

"Uh, back downstairs to let my friend know I didn't somehow die while "using the bathroom"," I said using air quotes.

He hummed in thought and then tightened his grip.

"Nope."

My eyelids fell and I opened my mouth and bit his shoulder. He growled, which was not the reaction I was expecting, before getting close to my ear.

"Darling don't provoke me...do you want the same?" He asked lowly, and my cheeks burned up.

"I was just tying to get you to let go of me!" I yipped and he brushed his lips against my ear. The growl leaving his throat turned into a soft purr before dispersing completely and he sighed.

His arms loosened before falling off of me and to his sides. I slid off of him, turning to head back downstairs.

I paused when he just laid on my bed, staring at my ceiling pitifully.

With a sigh I faced him fully, "Al, turn human and pretend you're "stopping by" and you can come hang out with us," I said and he looked over at me.

He smirked and then disappeared.

I rolled my eyes, heading back downstairs.

Almost as soon as I got down to the last step, there was a knock on my front door. It was rhythmic and sounded almost like a melody.

"I'll get it," I chirped and walked past the living room, where Eliot was watching me curiously from the couch.

I swung the door open, "oh hey, Max, how are you!" I said loudly so Eliot would hear.

"Hello darling, this is quite a lovely home, I must say," he responded casually, stepping into the foyer.

I walked with him into the living room and Eliot seemed nervous all of a sudden. Just then I remembered Al threatened him the first time they met a few days ago.

"Eliot, you met Max!" I said with a big smile and Eliot just nodded.

Alastor smiled smugly and then sat with me on the couch, sitting right next to me and then promptly putting his arm around my waist and holding me to his side.