Ch 14

The song Burn from Hamilton made me do it. (Doesn't have anything to do w/ the chapter, just an idea I had)

Alastor's POV

I spun around in my office chair, bored. Earlier when I'd gone to check on Aria, she wasn't home.

She left a note, though. It said she was going out to the store to try and find a, and I quote, "stupid fucking book about ghosts."

I don't know how many times I have to tell her I am not a ghost.

I blew air from my nose in a sigh, and leaned my head back. Should I go see her? I feel like bothering someone, but no one here sounds as appealing as her.

I'd already wrapped up my evening broadcast.

I thrummed my fingers against my office desk, my relaxed smile slowly falling by the second.

Maybe I should just go-

My eyes widened, a tingling feeling shooting up my stomach and making my smile snap to attention.

She broke something.

Oho, It's time to go have some fun...oh what shall I do to her. My smile widened sinisterly as I thought over all the things I could do with her.

The more I thought, however, the more my smile faded once more. Any thought of physically harming her made me immediately switch options.

As if my brain had already decided that was out of the question.

But if I can't have her peel her own fingernails off, or walk on hot coals, what can I do?

I pondered this question, teleporting to her living room where she'd broken something. I quickly fixed my face into a smile, "oho, darling you've-"

My eyes snapped wide open and my breath caught in my throat.

All I could do was stare.

There one the floor, bleeding and black and blue...with her jeans around her thighs...was Aria.

And above her was a big, house sized man. He stood up, still standing at about a foot shorter than me.

He fumbled with his pants that he'd pulled down, and my blood began to boil. My teeth grit and a deep growl rolled through my chest.

I couldn't stop my powers from acting up, mentally apologizing to Aria when I saw her cover her ears and whimper.

She curled up and shimmied away until she was against the bookshelf, rocking back and forth.

"What the fuck is that!"

My eyes snapped back to the man, a low snarl escaping my throat.

I was on him before he could even say another word.

My claws dug into his neck as I lifted him off the ground easily. He choked and sputtered, clawing at my hand.

"What is wrong with men these days..." my voice was barely understandable, "absolutely no respect."

The brute only choked, desperately trying to get air.

I growled again, tightening my grip.

I threw him down, then pounced on him and ripped his arm off of his body, "this is for the way you touched her..." I seethed at him.

He cried out, thrashing beneath me. I dug my knee into his side, feeling his organs crush beneath my weight.

"And this..." I growled out, grabbing his other arm and slowly pulling it taught, "is so you can never do it again!" I yanked hard, the arm pulling off satisfyingly.