Ch 39

Aria being a brat lmao

Aria's POV

This week has gone by quickly, and the weekend was soon approaching.

Alastor comes and goes as he pleases, but most of the time he's here.

Now is not one of those times.

He's gone back down to hell for whatever reason. I asked him once what it is he actually does down in hell.

He said he handles his territory and apparently he's also helping the princess with some project.

But that has nothing to do with me so I just left it there.

Today is Friday, so I decided if Alastor isn't here I should probably get some cleaning done. I was humming softly as I walked around, cleaning up random areas and dusting.

God, this is such a big house.

I never really notice until I actually have to clean shit. Then it just becomes too much space and too many rooms.

I was on my way to the kitchen now with my mop bucket, ready to clean the floor. As soon as I stepped foot through the entry way to the kitchen, I gasped.

White clouded my vision and that cool breeze passed across my face again before my sight cleared.

I'm still standing in the kitchen.

I looked down at my side, but the mop bucket was gone. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around.

"Alrighty!" Alastor's voice scared the hell out of me, making me jump and turn, moving out of his way just as he entered the kitchen.

Oh...another one of these.

I watched curiously, entering the kitchen a bit more. He had a big smile on his face, and he was holding a small bowl.

He was wearing bloody gloves, and I tilted my head.

"Koda, dinner!" He called and I gasped when a little cat ran between my legs and hopped up onto the kitchen table.

Alastor's eyelids lowered and he placed the bowl onto the floor. It looked to have raw meat in it.

"Dakota, get off of the table, you scoundrel," he chastised and picked her up. She meowed softly and he placed her on the floor, chuckling.

I smiled softly and walked over closer to him. I ran my fingers across the table and looked around. Everything looks brand new.

"I wish I could have known you when you were alive," I said softly as I looked around, and turned to face him. He was just rummaging through the fridge.

He pulled out something that was wrapped in cloth and bound with twine. The cloth was bloody.

I furrowed my eyebrows and watched as he unwound the twine, then looked over at the cat that was now eating.

"You and I will be eating the same tonight, Koda...mine will be cooked, of course," he chuckled and my eyes widened.

My mouth dropped open as he started preparing a pan.