Ch 25

I believe in:
Aria wearing a ponytail supremacy 🧎‍♀️

Alastor's POV

This marks the second night I've slept in her bed.

I glanced over at her sleeping form next to me.

Her soft breathing and even heartbeat let me know she was out. She was turned on her side, facing away from me.

I looked down at the little book in my hands. I haven't read much of it, it's all so...stupid.

It's talking about ghosts and presences, and nothing is of help.

I sighed, turning the page. I was using my powers to illuminate the pages, making sure to keep the light dim so she wouldn't wake up.

I started the new paragraph, my eyelids lowered in boredom.

But that didn't last for long.

My eyebrows furrowed as I read over the words.

Human contact with a demonic presence is dangerous. A demonic entity is not physically bound to this realm, meaning it draws energy from something to manifest.

If a demon is manifesting in one's home, they need to be expelled immediately, because they are drawing energy from the host inside the home.

I glanced over at her. My eyes softened on her small form, and I looked back at the page.

If ignored, depending on the host, this could be deadly. Once the host's energy is drained, bodily failure soon follows.

I felt my mouth go dry.

Deadly...?

Am I...killing her?

I looked over at her once again, checking on her heartbeat. It seems normal...

I scoffed, my ears laying back momentarily before they quickly perked back up.

This book doesn't know what it's talking about. I make enough energy on my own. In fact, I could go back to hell right now if I truly wished to.

A hard emphasis on that if.

I smiled and shook my head, then my expression faltered and I glanced back at the page. My fingers toyed with the edge of the paper, and then I grasped it and tore it out.

Wouldn't want her to see this and...stress herself out.

I folded it and then placed it inside my coat pocket.

I shut the book, placing it on her little bedside table. I snapped and my clothing changed into a more comfortable t-shirt and flannel pants.

I was just about to turn over when she stirred next to me. Immediately I paused and turned towards her.

Her heartbeat had risen significantly. Her body quivered, and I was hit with the overwhelming scent of pure terror.

I slowly turned to face my body towards her. I reached out, but my hand paused just by her arm.

Should I wake her?

Her body curled up, and her breathing became ragged.

Then she started talking.

My eyes widened when she spoke, and I felt paralyzed.

"Alastor—! Don't—!"

"Stop!"

"Stop it—! ...please...Alastor—stop..."

Her whimpers made my throat feel like it was closing. The way she was saying my name was like she was begging me.