Ch 29

Alright I need some audience participation here, this chapter is long as fuck, do y'all want the next one today or tomorrow? If no one answers me it's getting posted tomorrow.

Aria's POV

After the library it was starting to get a bit closer to lunch time.

Currently Alastor and I were just walking side by side in a little park. This one isn't the same one I took him to, it's much smaller, but still pretty.

He had his hands behind his back, and stood with that same perfect posture. Whenever I walk with him I feel like I'm walking next to some sort of royalty.

I glanced over at him, just stealing little glimpses of his appearance.

He's so cute...

Immediately my eyes widened when the thought entered my head. My cheeks heated up and I looked away from him.

Instead I looked around the park. The trees scattered around rustled slightly in the breeze. The breeze itself was actually a tad bit chilly, winter is coming up soon.

We're in Louisiana though, so...it's not too cold.

I shivered just barely, rubbing my arms subconsciously.

Next thing I know there's something placed across my back. The scent immediately told me Alastor had given me his jacket.

I jumped slightly and looked over at him, my lips parted in surprise. He was smiling softly down at me and just resumed his previous stance with his hands behind his back, facing forward.

I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks, and I looked back forward as a small smile rose to my face. My fingers curled around the edges of the jacket and I pulled it tighter around me.

It basically swallowed me, and it smelled just like him...

Subtly I buried my nose into the collar, closing my eyes for just a moment. When I reopened them Alastor was gone.

My eyes widened and I spun around.

"Alastor...?"

My expression fell into one of worry and I looked all around. Where the hell did he go?

"Al?" I called out, hoping there was no one nearby just hearing me talk to seemingly nothing.

I just stood dumbly, staring into the distance trying to see if I could spot him anywhere. I sighed softly.

I turned around, assuming he went back to hell or something, but nearly screamed when he was standing right behind me.

My hand went over my chest and I looked up at him with widened eyes.

He was smiling down at me, eyelids lowered. His sharpened canines were the only reminder of what he truly was...but somehow they made him look hot.

He just looks hot in general—I mean, wait! I'm supposed to be mad at him!

"What gives, Al? Why'd you—" my words cut off and my irritated expression lifted when he pulled something from behind his back, holding it out to me.

I looked down and my my mouth fell open.

Flowers...

Wildflowers...

Any irritation I had previously felt disappeared, a smile replacing the pout. I reached forward and took the flowers slowly.

"For...me?" I asked him as my fingers wrapped around the bundle of stems. My eyes lifted and met his, and his wide smile lessened into a more relaxed grin.