Ch 46

Refresher on their height difference cus I think it's kinda funny.

If you're ever reading and thinking "is she really that short..."

Yes. She is.

Aria's POV

I woke up and immediately my head hurt. A groan fell past my lips and my hand shot up to my face, blocking out the light.

"Owwwwww..." I whined and then huffed.

"Good morning, dumbass."

I pursed my lips and threw a middle finger up. I don't know where he's standing, but he'll see it either way.

"You're lucky I'm in too much pain to beat your ass for that comment," I grumbled and he chuckled.

"Dear, I call you what you are. Why did you drink an entire bottle of wine?" He asked, his voice holding an edge to it.

I sighed and slowly took my hand away from my face, allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. I blinked and slowly sat up, letting the room spin for a second.

There were three Alastor's until the spinning settled and they formed into one.

I looked at him with half lidded eyes and a soft frown.

"Because I was lonely," I answered simply, "and I felt like getting drunk."

The way he was looking at me was weird. He didn't look disappointed, but he also didn't look happy.

"Am I not allowed to drink wine...?" I asked him slowly, wondering what his problem is.

He sighed and the look softened slightly before he shook his head.

"It's not that, dear...I was going to just let you suffer through your mistake, but..." he took a few steps towards me, and sat next to me on the bed.

Before I could ask what he was doing, he reached up and placed his palm against my forehead.

The pain slowly faded and the light stopped hurting my eyes.

I blinked and looked up at him. A smile formed on my face before I looked away sheepishly.

"Thanks..." I murmured and then my eyes widened when he grabbed me by the chin roughly and forced me to look his direction.

I could feel his claws just barely poking into my cheeks, not painfully but definitely uncomfortably.

His eyes narrowed and were glowing a deep red, and I stared up at him in confusion.

"You shouldn't drink to escape your feelings, Aria. That is a bad habit." He chastised and I was about to shoot back with something snarky but then I remembered.

His dad...

I shut my mouth and my expression fell.

"Ok...I'm sorry..." I mumbled and he released my chin, allowing me to face forward again. I kept my eyes down and my hands in my lap.

After a moment of silence there was a sigh and Alastor gently cupped my face and made me face him.

His eyes were a lot softer and he tilted my head side to side, looking over my face.

"I'm sorry...I didn't hurt you did I...?" He asked and I giggled softly, swiping his hand away.

"No, you didn't...I just...I'm sorry..." I said, my smile falling, "I shouldn't have done that..."

He hummed and I looked up at him. His soft smile had lifted slightly but his eyes still held that same soft look.

"No you shouldn't have...but it's alright as long as we acknowledge it and move on...getting drunk is just fine, peu d'amour, but drinking an entire bottle of wine in the dark by yourself is not."