Ch 10

"He's behind me, isn't he?"

Aria's POV

I watched as the last of the black smoke dissipated.

My mouth was in a relaxed frown, and I sighed.

The reason I'd been crying wasn't because of him...well I guess...it was partly because of him.

I'm just stressed out. I feel like I'm constantly walking on eggshells, and in my own house no less.

Im scared to do or touch anything, I can feel him breathing down my neck 24 hours a day almost every damn day.

Weird enough, his awkward consolation did make me feel a little bit better.

Now if only he would kindly leave me the fuck alone.

I sniffed and turned over in my bed, going to flip my lamp off. My eyes caught sight of the little black journal, though, and I noticed it was open.

I slid it closer to me, looking at the page curiously.

"Use this book if you ever need to talk to me"

I tilted my head, furrowing my brows. The red ink slowly disappeared and I sat up just slightly.

I pulled it over, grabbing a pen from my bedside drawer.

Tiredly I scribbled him a message.

"You left my room 10 seconds ago you weirdo"

The ink slowly seeped into the page, and there was only a moment before letters started appearing as he responded.

"You know what I mean."

I rolled my eyes.

I drew a dick on the page and smugly smiled as it soaked into the paper.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU." are the words that quickly followed.

I started cackling and shut the journal. I flipped my lamp off, laying down as little giggles rolled through me.

Momentarily I forgot about the stress and in that moment it almost seemed like I was speaking to a friend.

Could I even become friends with him? Morally, would that be okay for me to do?

No.

The answer is no.

But I also can't just be at his throat all the time...I sighed and snuggled into my blankets.

I'll think about it in the morning.

**

My eyes snapped open, my breathing ragged.

Where am I?

I looked around, my eyes darting back and forth. It looked to be some sort of cellar, it was dark and damp.

The concrete seemed to be stained, but it was too dark to tell with what. The smell was rancid, and I gagged, covering my nose and mouth.

Suddenly a door slammed open, and I jumped, turning towards the noise.

My butt scraped against the concrete as I retreated away from whoever was coming in. My eyes widened when a light flickered to life and around me was revealed to be some sort of...

Torture chamber.

My mind went back to that dream I had of Alastor on my first night and I gasped when he came into view.

His soft humming was off putting in this situation. He had...a body...slung over his shoulder as if it were some normal game kill.

I watched in horror as he threw the body down onto a metal table, and then my eyes widened even further when the person was still alive.