Ch 76

Idk why I have the urge to let y'all know this, but when I heard this version of this song I was like "wow, that's Aria."

So if y'all wanted to know what her voice sounds like, it's pretty much exactly this. She has a very soft spoken, kind, warm voice.

Aria's POV

Today has been slow. Alastor is out hunting, so right now I'm just alone in the house, waiting for him to get back.

I'm really bored...

I let off a disgruntled sigh, sinking further into my chair. Maybe I could go out and find him...after all he's only hunting.

How bad could it be?

I'm curious about what he does outside our relationship...overall he keeps his personal life pretty secret.

He hasn't been down to hell or even spoken about it in weeks.

So, I got up, trudging up to my room to get dressed for the cold. There's still a small bit of snow, but not much.

My fingers sifted through my clothing, and I quickly threw together a warm outfit. After that, I grabbed my phone just in case.

But when my screen lit up as I was holding it, something caught my eye. A text from Eliot?

Eliot: remember when u asked me ab Mrs. I?

I read that text and my brows furrowed. Quickly I opened my phone and typed my reply.

'Yes'

Eliot: well...apparently she left. My mom said she just packed up, and she left town just a couple days after thanksgiving.

My eyes widened and my mouth fell open. Left? She left? She didn't even say goodbye or- or stop by or...

Quickly I shook my head, pursing my lips.

She's probably just on a little vacation, that's all.

But she didn't even say goodbye...

I sighed and typed a quick thank you to Eliot for telling me, and then slowly walked downstairs. My feet carried me all the way to the back door and into the dead grass all while I was lost in thought.

Something just doesn't feel right. I can't figure out what it is about Mrs. Ida that just doesn't feel right.

I let off a soft sigh, looking around at the peaceful forest. The trees looked beautiful with no leaves and powdered with a thin layer of snow. Ice glittered from the branches in beautiful frozen droplets.

Each breath I produced made a soft cloud appear and I smiled. Another sigh passed my lips and I had to stop for a second to lean against a tree.

Man I'm out of shape...I haven't even been walking that long.

A few more deep breaths and I was back standing up. I was listening for any sign of Alastor, any little noise.

But it's completely silent. Eerily silent. The air seemed to still, and I couldn't hear a single sound. Not even the birds were singing.

Almost like everything was hiding...

I thought about calling out for him, but maybe that would scare away his game. I remember my dad always said you have to be really quiet when you're hunting.

After a few more minutes of me walking, I started to feel a bit worried. I should have seen him or heard him by now...he's ok isn't he?

My hands gathered at my chest as I tried to keep myself warm, my body shivered slightly.