Ch 84

Aria's POV

The drive back seemed longer than the drive there. Maybe that's because I was actually awake this time.

I watched as the scenery passed by, a casual smile on my lips. This was fun...I can't believe I'll actually be in hell soon.

In hell...with Alastor.

My smile widened and a giddy feeling rose in my chest. Immediately following that, pain shot through my stomach and I had to bite back a whimper, my hands finding their way over my middle.

I applied pressure, trying to get the pain to calm. These painful bursts are getting more intense every day.

There was a pressure against my arm, and I looked down and saw Alastor fingers wrapped around my bicep. He pulled me over into him gently, wrapping me up in a secure side hug.

I lifted my legs and placed them overtop of of his, snuggling up to him.

"We're almost home, my dear," he whispered softly, then placed a kiss onto my crown.

I took a deep breath and sighed. Almost home...

About 25 minutes later, I had just started to doze off when Eliot perked up.

"Hey, Mrs. Ida is home!" He exclaimed and quickly I sat up, scooting back towards my window to look out.

Sure enough, as we passed the library, there she was. We seemed to pass by slowly, and I furrowed my brows as I noticed she wasn't alone.

There was a man with her, and he was large, wearing the robes of a priest.

I don't recognize him...did the town get a new priest while I wasn't paying attention? They seemed to be talking, but both of them stopped when we rolled by, turning to look at the car.

Directly at me.

Discomfort shot through my chest then, and I backed off from the window.

"That was really weird..." Eliot mumbled and I nodded.

"No shit," I murmured back, and then turned back to Alastor. He looked a tad bit concerned, but other than that he just looked on edge.

I touched his leg, and he snapped out of it and looked to me, widening his smile that had fallen to an uneasy grin.

I smiled back, squeezing his leg endearingly.

**

The road became bumpy as we pulled into my driveway. The gravel crunched beneath the tires, and soon my house came into view.

We rolled the a stop, and got out of the car.

Silently we all made our way towards my front door. There was a slight tension in the air, but I couldn't figure out why.

Once again, pain shot through my stomach, and I flinched. My steps faltered and my hand went over my stomach.

"Aria!" I heard Jake's voice, sounding very concerned. Then hands on my shoulders, steadying me. I looked over at him, and his deep blue eyes were worried.

"Are you alright? I thought I noticed it earlier but I wasn't sure...but you're really pale, Aria. Your eyes look tired, do you feel ok?" He asked me and I chuckled weakly, shrugging him off to open the front door.

"I'm ok," I started, "I think I may have a little cold, that's all," I lied smoothly and stepped into the house. Alastor was by my side in a second, his hand on my lower back.

The boys followed us in, and I turned and smiled at them.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom really quick, but I'll be right back. You guys go get comfy," I said with a smile and trotted upstairs to my personal bathroom.