Ch 35

Alastor's POV

I woke up slowly, feeling well rested.

I always feel well rested when I sleep in her bed. I found last night when I slept back home in hell was not fun after having so many nights of good sleep in a row.

I forgot how nice the quiet was...

As my eyes opened, the morning light seeping in through her window made her room seem like it was glowing.

A soft hum left my throat and I looked down at the sleeping lady in my arms. She was curled up against me, one of her legs was hiked up and hooked around my pelvis.

A smile rested on my lips and I brushed my thumb over her cheek, admiring her features. Her cute freckles, and her little nose. Long, fluttery eyelashes. She reminds me of a fairy.

Those lips of hers...her bottom lip is just a bit fuller than her top, giving her a natural pout.

Looking at them reminded me of the kiss we shared last night. Just the thought of it made heat rise to my face.

Before the park, I'd never even kissed a woman before. What she did to me last night was a completely new terrain all together.

When I first felt her tongue against my bottom lip I almost pulled away in surprise. I was reluctant, to say the least.

I've never been one for the more sexual aspect of life. Something about what she did just felt purely intimate.

Oh, but when she let me taste her...it set off something in me that I didn't even know existed. It was sheer willpower that allowed me to extinguish the fire she started last night.

I could've easily taken her in that moment. So easily I could've taken it further and something tells me she wouldn't have stopped me.

However, that's exactly why I didn't do it.

The flame between us is definitely burning, and it's burning hot...but I don't want it to burn too strong, too fast.

I want her to know that there's more to what we have than sex, there's more to what we have than late night kisses.

Hell, I wouldn't even know about the sexual aspect. I'm not an idiot, I know how to do it, but I've never had the need to.

I've never felt this way towards any human being before...never have I felt the want that I felt last night.

This is all new to me.

In a way, it's new to her as well.

The only other relationship she's ever known was with someone that treated her as an object...who abused her...who drank through his troubles and blamed her...

I will not have her believing that's what she deserved, or that's as good as it gets.

And if...or when...the time comes...when she's ready and decides she wants to take our intimacy further...I'll erase the vile memories he left in her head of how sex should be.

I don't trust any of these other men in the world to do it for me...I don't trust any of them with her.

In all honesty...I'm not sure what it is that we have. What I am sure of is that I want to take everything he did to her...I want to take all of her bad memories and I want to replace them.

I want to show her what it was supposed to be like...

So maybe...when she does find someone, even if the thought makes my blood boil...she'll be able to distinguish whether or not they deserve her.