Ch 40

What do y'all think she did?

Alastor's POV

I watched her from the bed as she brushed her hair in the bathroom mirror.

Most nights I sleep here with her.

What started as a necessity turned into somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine.

It's just so much better than sleeping in hell, really it is.

She was wearing a cute little pajama set. The long pants had polar bears on them, and the matching shirt had penguins.

Which is very funny to me that she's dressed like that, as if she lives somewhere cold.

I opted for my usual black T shirt and flannel pants.

She turned and walked over to the bed, keeping the brush in her hand as she walked over. I smiled at her, and she used both of her hands to climb onto the bed.

I watched her curiously, and she shimmied over to me, then forced me to sit up fully.

I crossed my legs beneath myself and looked down at her, raising an eyebrow. What is she doing?

She smiled and crawled around me to where she was situated behind me and I picked up on what she was about to do.

Which was confirmed when I felt the brush run through my hair.

Followed by her fingers.

My smile softened at her gesture, and I just sat and let her brush out my hair. With every pass her fingers followed, running over my scalp and then through my hair.

This is relaxing, I must say.

She touched one of my ears and I flinched just barely. She hummed.

"What's up with your ears, anyway?" She asked, going back to brushing my hair.

"They're just sensitive, dear..." I said and she hummed again. She stopped brushing my hair, and I glanced over my shoulder at her.

She was looking up at my ears and I sighed softly.

"Can I...? For just a minute, please?" She asked me and gave me big 'please' eyes. I contemplated it for a moment, and then rolled my eyes before relenting.

"Fine, fine...only a minute..." I grumbled and she squealed excitedly, then I felt her arms around me as she pulled me backwards.

I fell back into her, my head landing against her chest.

She settled back against the headboard, allowing herself to be sitting up while I was laying against her.

While yes, this is comfortable, it immediately made heat crawl up my neck. I looked up at her, and she looked down at me with a little smile.

"Gotta get into a good position first," she said, and I reluctantly tilted my head back forward, and she immediately started touching my ears.

I bit my tongue to keep from making any noise, and the blush on my face deepened.

"They're so soft..." she wondered aloud, and her devilish little fingers just kept massaging them. The longer she did it, the more relaxed I became.

Eventually I was just melted into her, and one minute became 5...and five became 10...and so forth.

I felt like I was about to fall asleep, and then suddenly she spoke.

"Do you still wanna hear about what had me distracted earlier?" She asked me and my eyes opened a bit wider.