Ch 15

(Above is the sketch, below is the finished)

Title: I'll see you tomorrow.

Written and drawn by me.

Someone take my iPad away :')

Alastor's POV

The feeling of something running through my hair made me slowly blink my eyes open. For just a moment, I confused this situation with being back at home with mother.

Then my eyes shot open when I realized I'm a grown man, and also I've been dead for 100 years.

The motion of fingers running across my scalp stopped, and I looked up to see the wide eyes of Aria looking down at me.

Something warm was pressed up to my cheek, and I used the hand that was also against the warmth to get my bearings.

It feels like...

A small giggle and the feeling of her seizing my fingers made heat rise to my face.

"Alastor stop it that tickles..." she giggled, and I realized I was laying against her bare stomach. Quickly I sat up, pulling my hands to myself and looking down.

Slowly she sat up as well...that's good. My healing worked.

"Alastor?" She asked softly, reaching for me. I avoided her touch, glancing over at her.

"How do you feel...?" I asked her quickly, trying desperately to hide the blush on my cheeks.

Her hand fell into her lap, and she shrugged, "I feel ok...where is my shirt, though?" She asked and my face got even hotter.

I lifted my hand and swirled my finger, quickly giving her a regular t shirt. I wasn't paying attention to the sizing and it was catered for me, but she didn't seem to mind.

Then she laughed softly, "Alastor...look up here at me, please?" She asked. Slowly I tilted my eyes up to meet hers, the blush on my face not having calmed at all.

She reached forward, slowly since I pulled away the last time. I flinched slightly but didn't avoid her hand when she reached down and took my hand in hers.

She was directly in front of me, her legs tucked under her. I was knelt in front of the couch and we were just about eye level.

She lifted my hand to her cheek, smiling softly and plopping her head into my palm. I'm sure I was as red as my hair at this point.

She closed her eyes, just holding my wrist there, her grip tight. To me, it's cute she believes she could keep me from moving...but I'm not even sure the end of the world could make me move in this moment.

The raging blush on my face calmed, and I just stared curiously at the woman before me. Her cheek was soft in my hand, and I brushed my thumb just under her eye.

"Thank you..." she whispered, and I went rigid when tears started falling from her closed lashes.

"Um...dear I...it wasn't an issue I...please don't cry..." I stumbled over my words, not sure why she's upset.

She chuckled, "I'm not sad, you big red idiot..."

I calmed down. Oh...

I gently swiped the tears away, bringing my thumb to my lips and sucking the excess off. She opened her eyes again.

"I suppose you're confused..." she wondered aloud, and I hadn't really taken a moment to think about it, but now that she said that I realized she correct.

What the fuck was that all about.

I nodded and she sighed. She scooted over and patted the couch next to her. I slid up onto the cushion, cringing at the clear blood stains.

With the wave of my hand they were gone.

"I was born in this town..." she started softly, her eyes cast down. My eyes widened and I turned towards her, pulling one of my legs up so it was easier.

"I grew up here...same as you," she chuckled, meeting my eyes, "and when I was very young...both of my parents died in a car crash..." she wrung her hands nervously.

"So...I was given to my god mother...who was very old at the time. She raised me, but didn't last very long into my adult life..."

My eyes softened. She has nobody?

"No siblings?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"Just me," she answered simply, and took a deep breath, "when I met Josh...I thought...maybe he could help me grow, you know? Help me...help me get past...I just..." she shook her head, her voice wavering, "I was wrong, long story short...he wasn't what I thought, and everyone warned me..."

My brows creased when her bottom lip trembled and I watched in dismay while she shook her head, the little water droplets falling from her lashes and down her cheeks.

"It wasn't until he beat me within an inch of my life, telling me it was my fault, that I made him do these things..."

I dug my claws into my palms.

"...that I realized I couldn't do it anymore. The next day the entire town watched me load my belongings into my car with a fractured wrist and so many bruises I'm surprised they could even see my skin. I left..."

Her voice was small, and I didn't know what to do.

"I was told the entire town had belittled that ugly prick, he couldn't go anywhere without getting shit on," she chuckled dryly, "but I guess it wasn't enough."

Her scowl didn't suit her face. I quickly thought of ways to make her smile.

"Well darling...he's probably somewhere in hell by now, running his mouth where he shouldn't," I said lightly and her eyes widened.

Her head snapped up and her lips parted. A terrified look crossed her face and she coiled tightly in her place on the couch.

"You killed him...?" She breathed out.

I tilted my head, confused, "yes darling-"

"Alastor!" She let out, "I-I thought you just scared him, you killed him?!"

I flinched slightly. Was I not supposed to...?

She let out a heavy sigh, shaking her head, "Alastor things aren't like how they were in 1926..." she said worriedly, "people aren't just going to forget, they're going to come looking for him...and he was last here...and guess who lives here!" She hissed.

Oh...

Oh.

I cringed slightly, looking away.

I needed to formulate some sort of...plan. I could...hm...it'll take a lot out of me, but I could alter the memory of the town.

"Ok dear...I'm going to...it's ok, sweetheart, just...I'll fix it," I said, closing my eyes and focusing my energy. I focused it over the entire town, already feeling exhausted from just that.

My brows furrowed and I grit my teeth. I dug my nails into my palms, using my blood for a spell.

I whispered it under my breath and snapped my fingers.

Immediately my body almost collapsed. I held myself up, breathing heavily. Aria gasped, her small hands trying to help hold me up.

I looked up at her with a weak smile, "there we are darling...all fixed," I said, taking a deep breath, "now if you'll excuse me...I'm just going to..." my words fell off, I was trying to transport back to hell.

But it seems my powers are too drained for that.

My vision spotted black and I fell forward into her.