Ch 88

I procrastinated finishing this drawing for like 4 days because it hurt so much to look at lmao.

Alastor's POV

With each word the priest chanted, I felt a bit of myself chip away. A bit of my soul...whatever is left of it, anyway.

My eyes opened, and I looked straight forward at Rosaline. My flower...

I never should have made her a part of my mess. All of this, everything that's happening is a consequence of my actions.

All of my mistakes...

Have led me right here.

In that moment I realized...I truly deserve this. I have been killing the one woman I could say with confidence I am completely in love with. I lied to Rosaline...I lied to Aria...

I'm a liar. I'm a serial killer. I was foolish to believe I deserve anything other than...darkness.

Once I'm dead...dead for good...that will grant her the freedom she deserves. I kept a small smile on my face.

"By the power of God!" The priest started in English, and my eyebrows raised slightly. My heart beat just a little bit faster and I braced myself.

I'm scared...

"I condemn you back to hell."

My eyes shut tightly, and I heard the shot before I felt it. I was expecting my world to cease, I was expecting to feel the pain.

But all that seemed to happen was a sharp gasp. I opened my eyes, looking at Jake. He was still restraining my right arm, but there was a look of pure horror on his face.

"Aria!" He let out, sounding distraught. No...

I looked back in front of me just in time to see her crumple to the floor.

She just took a bullet for me...even after learning what I've been doing to her.

I felt a sudden burst of energy as panic struck through my heart. A growl tore through my throat and Rosaline's eyes widened.

"That was my last bullet..." she breathed out, and terror filled her wide eyes as she looked at me. In one swift motion, I threw the priest from my arm. He hit the stair banister and there was a sick crack before his body fell to the floor, motionless.

There's one imbecile down.

I snarled, turning to Jake, and his eyes widened. I could practically feel the fear rolling off of him and my smile widened as I raised my hand and extended my claws.

There was a gasp and a cry, and I froze. I glanced over at Eliot, and he was fully sobbing.

He let her go...

He didn't have to do that. He knew there was no saving her...he knew she made her own choice...

He's already losing two friends today...

My eyes went back to Jake. My look that had softened quickly hardened and I growled. Instead of ripping him to pieces, I backhanded him.

He hit the wall and slumped to the floor. I would have loved to shred him...but knocking him out will have to suffice.

I looked to Eliot and his eyes widened in terror as he took a step back. My eyes shifted to Aria, then, and quickly I went towards her.

Without those damn Holy bullets, Rosaline was defenseless. She was standing a few feet away, just watching and trembling.

I'm not focused on anything except Aria...

My Aria...

Gently, I picked her up. She had been hit in the stomach, and it was bleeding profusely.