Ch 73

Alastor's POV

Ugh...

What...?

Where...?

Slowly my eyes opened and I looked around, squinting slightly to block out the blinding light from the window.

There's something on top of me.

I used my hands to feel around and whatever it was was soft and...alive.

Oh, it's Aria.

She was curled up on top of me, her face pressed into my neck. I blinked a few times to clear my sight and then brought one hand up to push my hair back away from my eyes.

Oh my god, I feel like shit.

Using whatever strength I could I sat up slowly, cradling a passed out Aria the entire time. She didn't so much as stir.

She was, however, snoring softly. The noise was very cute.

When I was sitting upright, her arms tightened around my neck and she moaned softly before burying her face further into my shoulder.

"I know, sweetheart, give me a minute," I whispered tiredly before laying her back down on the couch. After that I stood up and looked around.

I cringed at the state of my living room, and with a snap of my fingers it was spotless. The unfinished wine bottles lined up on the table neatly.

After that I waved my hand to change out of these clothes. Pajamas are far more suitable on Christmas morning.

Yes, I know a demon celebrating Christmas is ironic. I personally love irony, so entertaining it is.

Another quick scan of the room and I saw the boys sprawled out on the floor. I chuckled at the sight. Eliot's lipstick was smeared across his face and Jake was face down against the hardwood, snoring.

With a sigh I realized when they wake up they're probably going to need to head home. I walked over to Aria and observed her sleeping features.

So pretty...

I smiled and pressed my palm against her forehead. With that I took away the inevitable headache she would have woken up with.

Walking over to Eliot, I did the same.

Then I looked down at Jake. I nudged him with my foot and scoffed slightly.

He can keep his headache.

I made my way over to the kitchen, humming a soft tune. With the wave of my hands, ingredients started preparing all around me. I'm going to make breakfast, mostly for Aria since I know she'll be hungry when she wakes up.

So that's what I did. I made regular breakfast items, and made sure to make extra. I was so focused I didn't even sense the extra presence enter the room with me.

That is until I jumped slightly when something tugged against my sleeve.

I looked down and my surprise melted away when it was just Aria, staring up at me sleepily. Her eyes were barely open and she looked like she didn't mean to wake up.

"Good morning, honey," I chuckled slightly, "breakfast is almost done," I said to her and she mumbled something incoherent.

Then she pushed my arm up and shimmied under it, putting herself between me and the stove.

I looked down at her with a soft smile and turned the heat off, pushing the finished eggs to a back burner.

Silently she started trying to climb up into my arms and I chuckled again and picked her up, hooking my arm under her bottom. She laid her head on my shoulder and started playing with my hair.