Ch 70

Just Aria being That Bitch.

Words can't describe how much I love this picture, lmao.

Aria's POV

It's quiet uptown. The air is really cold today, and I love it.

The feeling of it hitting my face feels amazing, and I closed my eyes and breathed in softly.

Alastor was holding my hand and Eliot was talking my ear off. We were heading towards the library, it's become somewhat of a habit.

I giggled slightly at something Eliot said, and the closer we got to the library the colder the air seemed to get.

Then we stopped in front of the door.

Inside was dark, and I furrowed my brows before looking at the door. There was a note taped to it that I stepped closer to read.

"Library closed until further notice..." I mumbled and tilted my head.

"Eliot, where's Mrs. Ida?" I asked curiously and he shrugged. I looked over at Alastor, slightly worried.

I hope she's alright...

He looked at me for a moment and then narrowed his eyes slightly before he reached forward and touched the door.

His fingers trailed down the trim and he sighed softly.

"Well...let's find somewhere else to go, I suppose," he said and I glanced into the dark library once more.

The longer I looked the more uneasy I felt...

"Yea..." I mumbled, and with that we turned and started  to walk off.

We decided to head to the local department store instead, and Eliot immediately darted towards the slutty Christmas costumes.

This left Al and I alone, which I didn't mind but I'd rather keep Eliot within my line of sight.

For...reasons.

Al lead me around, looking over things and occasionally he would pull something from a rack and hold it up to my body.

This continued until he found a red dress, it had a sweater pattern and looked to be skin tight with long puffy sweater sleeves.

He looked at it a moment, then held it up to my body, a little glimmer in his eyes.

"Dear...go try this on for me, please," he asked me and I smiled before taking it and heading to the dressing rooms. I smirked and glanced over my shoulder at him.

"You wanna join me again?" I said cheekily and watched his face turn scarlet.

I chuckled and slipped into one of the dressing stalls, looking over the dress.

The material was soft, and the color was very similar to the color of Alastor's signature suit. He also wears dress shirts of this same color very often.

I peeled my layers of clothing away after setting the dress to the side, and once I was down to my underwear I turned to the mirror.

Oh my god...

My body seems to have shrunk, and I could just barely see the outline of my ribs. I eat three meals a day and Alastor makes them for fucks sake.

If anything, the opposite should be happening.

I touched my stomach and sighed. It must just be part of this iron deficiency. It'll get better over time.

I slipped the dress over my head, situating it onto my body properly. It hugged me, the "skirt" was puffy like the sleeves, and it was really, really cute.