Ch 34

Aria's POV

I shot forward, my breaths coming heavy. My hand flew up to my chest, grasping the fabric as my heart pounded against my rib cage.

I looked around, and noticed I'm not in bed. I'm not even in the house.

I'm in the woods.

Looking around, I was confused. My hand met the earth and I felt around. It's completely dark out, and I could only make out the trees in the soft moonlight.

The leaves beneath my fingers crunched softly as I used my body weight to help push myself up.

I steadied myself, looking around. It's just trees, all around me. I don't know if I'm in the woods by my house, or...

My thoughts cut off as heavy crunching noises began rapidly approaching me. My eyes widened and I looked towards the noise.

A black silhouette was rapidly approaching me, looking as if it were sprinting. My heart dropped into my butt and I shut my eyes and winced, putting my hands out to brace myself.

But the running ceased.

Now there was just heavy breathing right in front of me, the person sounding winded.

I was breathing shakily, my eyes staying shut.

"You're seriously pissing me off."

Alastor's rough voice cut through the silence of the night and my eyes snapped open.

In front of me was a very disheveled looking Alastor, his shirt was halfway untucked and one of his suspenders was down.

His bow tie was crooked and his white dress shirt was spotted with blood.

I lifted my eyes to see his face, my body trembling slightly from just how close he was to me.

I regretted it immediately. His teethed were pressed together tightly, a dangerous smile on his face.

His eyes were dark and he was scanning the woods, looking beyond me.

I've never actually touched him in one of these dreams before, so I kept perfectly still. However, he had different plans, and took a step forward.

I closed my eyes and braced for him to touch me, but he just walked straight through me. It felt really strange, giving me a deep cold chill.

I opened my eyes and turned, watching as he slowly walked forward, observing the terrain.

"Who is it this time, hm?" I whispered softly. Then I jumped when he yelled.

"Stop hiding from me you coward! Face me like a man!"

I walked over next to him and he looked beyond furious. He's never looked so mad before in any of my dreams.

His chest rose and fell heavily and I stepped back away from him slightly. Looking up at his face I felt...I don't know, just...sad?

Knowing what I do about him makes it a bit difficult to really feel completely disgusted by him. In fact, I don't feel disgusted by him at all.

I kind of fully support what he does.

I just don't have the stomach, really, to watch him do it.

My eyebrows furrowed then, and my eyes fell.

Does that...make me sick in the head, too?

I quickly shook off the thought and looked back up at him. He was still observing the terrain, just scanning the trees.

Haunted (Alastor x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें