Ch 50

Aria's POV

"Ok so, remember...no biting, no killing, no magic, no tricks, no pranks, no curses, no voodoo, capeesh?"

I gave him a stern look as we stood in front of Eliot's front door and he rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I understand," he grumbled, "even though that's hopelessly boring," he added under his breath. I nodded, and sighed.

"Good. I trust you...sort of," I said looking off to the side and he mocked a gasped before knocking on the door.

Nerves bundled up in my stomach, already knowing what it's going to look like with me showing up on Alastor's arm.

I don't necessarily mind it...but it just reminds me that we aren't actually a "couple" and we never will be a normal "couple".

If I think about that for too long, I just make myself sad.

So instead I focused on the man next to me, giving him a quick look over. He was excited to finally be able to wear something formal, and had dressed himself in a nice maroon dress shirt paired with black slacks.

He paired that with black suspenders and a black bow tie.

His hair was combed and styled instead of fluffy how it usually is when he's in his human form.

He looks really cute.

Suddenly the door swung open to reveal Eliot's mom, and she smiled warmly before her eyes fell on Alastor and her look turned surprised. She glanced between us and quickly invited us in.

"Hello, Aria...and you, young man, what's your name, honey?" She asked Alastor, who held his hand out for her.

"My name is Max...this is a lovely house," he complimented and auntie just smiled.

"Thank you, my name is Jessica if you need me for anything," she said warmly and then scurried off to finish cooking, I'm sure.

Alastor looked around for a moment and then down at me, "how long have you known these people?" He asked me quietly and I glanced up at him.

"Jessica was in the delivery room when I was born." I whispered back and Alastor's eyebrows shot up.

'Oh...' he mouthed and then I lead him towards the living room. When we got there, Eliot was sitting on the couch with his older brother, and his little cousins were playing on the floor.

I smiled, raising my hand that wasn't laced with Alastor's up to wave.

Eliot's eyes lit up and he waved back.

"Hey guys!" He motioned us over and Alastor was still observing everything as we walked over to the couch.

I sat next to Eliot, and Alastor sat next to me.

"Aria, you remember Jake don't you?" Eliot asked me, referring to his older brother.

I snorted softly and raised an eyebrow, "Eliot, of course I remember Jake, him and I are the same age..." I said and then looked towards the man in question.

"It's good to see you again...been a while?" I said and he smiled.

"Yea...way too long," he said softly, and I blushed slightly.

I used to be absolutely obsessed with Jake. Now it's not so much him as it is the memories that make me blush. Him and I used to be inseparable until Josh happened.

I felt Alastor's grip on my hand tighten and then he released my hand only to loop his arm around my waist and pull me close to him.

Immediately Jake's eyes shifted up to Alastor, and I looked over as well.