Chapter 97 - Memories Forgotten

Kara wakes up once more, and her body feels like it aches all over. Right now, she isn't in much pain, it's really just the aches that are the most extreme part right now. The last thing Kara remembers is she was shot by the Leviathan woman, and then everything went black as she fell to the ground. So, Kara knows that it is unlikely that she is with the shadow woman, or safe, anymore.

"Ah, you are awake, once more." A familiar voices says.

Kara snaps open her eyes, and looks up, and sees that she is back again in the same room from before, with Lex Luthor and James Olsen (now Metallo). However, this time, instead of being chained to a chair, Kara is chained against a wall.

Kara groans upon seeing Lex, tired of being a toy for him to torture, and 'do his art'.

Lex chuckles.

"Surprised to see me?" Lex smirks.

Kara doesn't reply, she just struggles with the chains, trying to break free, hoping that maybe her powers are still with her.

"There is no use in struggling, you do not have your powers right now, I have made sure of that." Lex says, with a big smirk.

After a few more moments, Kara stops struggling and looks up at Lex.

"Why am I back here?" Kara asks, simply exhausted. Kara thought that at least Leviathan would have taken her, and maybe that would have been something different.

Lex chuckles again.

"Because I am not finished with you of course." Lex smiles, "Leviathan were nice enough to return you to me. But do not worry, I am almost finished, and then you will go free."

Kara huffs.

"I doubt that." Kara says.

Lex just looks at Kara with a smirk.

"Keep an eye on her." Lex says to Metallo.

"Yes, Mr Luthor." Metallo replies.

Lex then turns his back and exits the room, leaving a chained Kara and Metallo alone. Now that they are alone, Kara attempts to struggle in her chains again.

"Do not do that. Mr Luthor will not be pleased if you continue to struggle." Metallo says, in an emotionless voice.

Kara stops struggling and then looks up at James.

"What did he do to you, James?" Kara asks.

"Mr Luthor improved me. He made me stronger. He made me see the truth of Lena Luthor's crimes. He made me realise that aliens such as yourself must be purged from this planet." Metallo says.

Kara shakes her head.

"That isn't you, James." Kara replies, "You may hate my girlfriend, but you DO NOT hate aliens. You were best friends with Superman before, don't you remember?"

James steps closer to Kara.

"AND HE LEFT ME TO ROT IN PRISON!!!" Metallo yells, "MR LUTHOR IS THE ONE THAT LOOKED OUT FOR ME! HE HELPED ME. HE SHOWED ME THE TRUTH!!"

Kara shakes her head once more.

"And he also has previously tortured you. He has murdered hundreds of innocent humans. And now he has turned you into this." Kara says, nodding with her head to James' body, "You still support him after all of that?"

Metallo chuckles.

"You still do not see the truth. Mr Luthor only did those things because he was convinced to go about it that way by his sister, Lena Luthor. Lena Luthor was the one urging Lex on through it all, until she saw that he failed, and then betrayed him, making herself look innocent. But Lena Luthor is not innocent." Metallo says.