Chapter 103 - Alura's Issues

Kara, Lena and Alura have finished eating their breakfast, and now have all begun to get ready for their day, even though they plan to stay inside together, all day long. Usually, in a situation where Kara and Lena just plan to have a lazy day indoors with their daughter, they wouldn't bother having a shower or anything, and simply stay in their pyjamas all day, but today they can't do that. After everything that went down at the facility where Lillian took Alura to, Kara and Lena particularly, were covered in a lot of dirt, and because of this, they carefully each had a separate shower after their medical examinations at the DEO. However, seeing as the shower was in the DEO, neither of the women really felt comfortable and relaxed while getting themselves clean, as they did not have their own usual shower amenities. So, this has meant that Kara and Lena have both want to take a shower today, to feel another layer of cleanliness, and just relax under the hot shower spray for a while. However, one of the problems with the two mothers each wanting to take a shower, is that Alura now does not want to leave Kara's side. Both Kara and Lena realise this is a thing because their daughter is worried that if she looks away then Kara will disappear again, but neither of the mothers really know how to address it right now. Of course, Kara and Lena could talk to Alura and assure her that that isn't going to happen, but for now they both decide to just allow the five-year-old to cling to Kara's side. This has meant that Kara had to take her shower with Alura, which honestly, she didn't mind at all. Kara has really missed Alura over the last few weeks, even though at times she didn't even remember her, so she's glad she gets to spend some quality time with her, even if it is due to Alura's attachment anxieties.

Lena had her shower prior to Kara and Alura, and she is presently downstairs, washing up everything from their breakfast this morning. Lena then gets a text.

Sam (to Lena): Hey, Lena.

Sam: How are you guys doing today?

Lena (to Sam): Hi Sam.

Lena: We're okay. Alura is obviously finding things difficult, and woke up crying this morning when Kara wasn't in bed with us.

Lena: She was downstairs making us breakfast.

Sam: Oh, that's awful Lena. I feel so bad for Alura.

Lena: I know. Me too.

Sam: I was wondering, would you guys like some company today?

Sam: Ruby is really interested in seeing Alura, and of course Alex and I want to see all of you guys too.

Sam: But we totally understand if you just want to spend the day just the three of you.

Lena: Kara and Alura are just getting out of the shower right now. I'll ask them and get back to you.

Sam: Sure.

Lena places her phone down and heads upstairs to her and Kara's bedroom. Once Lena is inside her bedroom she sees Kara, still with a towel wrapped around her body, helping Alura get dressed into her own clothes. Lena also spots that even though Alura was in the shower her hair is completely bone dry, and she didn't hear the sound of a hairdryer or anything.

"Hello, darlings." Lena smirks, resting her back on the doorframe to the bedroom.

"Momma." Alura smiles, looking at Lena.

Kara turns and smiles at Lena too.

"Did you both enjoy your shower?" Lena asks, with a smile.

"Yes, mommy made me a unicorn!" Alura says, excitedly.

Lena now directs a confused look at Kara.

"I used shampoo in her hair to make it look like a unicorn horn." Kara explains.