Always Alone (SS x student! reader)

Introduction:
Severus Snape's secret girlfriend, a 7th-year Muggleborn student in Ravenclaw, gets bullied for only wearing black. What will he do once he finds out?

PS: Y/N is 17/18 years old. This is a request from Encantadiafan12 on Wattpad & Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

Word count: 1k

Published: 11/23/2021
———————————————

TW: Teacher & student relationship and mentions of bullying

Severus Snape, the Potions Master and the Head of Slytherin, strolls through the halls. He just finished teaching the last class of the day...

He will definitely need a firewhiskey now, which is why he's headed towards his private chambers.

As the weekend technically just started, he can finally spend some time with his girlfriend, Y/N Y/L/N who's a Muggleborn 7th-year student in Ravenclaw.

Since she's a student of his, they need to keep their relationship a secret. Which is why they only get to spend time together in his private chambers on the weekends.

Her dormitory mates would just question where she has been sleeping if she was to spend the night with him on weekdays. They don't question it when it's the weekends, for some reason.

As Severus is walking, he suddenly hears crying. He frowns at that. Who's crying at this time of the day? Most students are quite happy as all classes are finished for the day, also for the fact that it's Friday.

As he follows the sound of crying, he notices someone curled up in a ball in one of the corners of the halls.

When he gets closer, he recognises the girl. Y/N. Severus immediately turns angry. Who made her cry?

As no one is near, he crouches down in front of her. "Y/N?" he whispers, slowly putting a hand on her shoulder.

That seems to startle the girl. "S-Sev?" she questions, looking up at him with teary eyes.

His expression softens at that. "What happened?" he gently asks, hoping that she will tell him.

She sniffles. "It's nothing..." she mutters. He's not convinced, though.

"Nothing? How can nothing have happened if you are crying?" he asks as he raises an eyebrow.

Y/N sighs. "Some people are bullying me..." she admits, fresh tears leaving her eyes.

Severus scowls at that. Who would bully her, one of the nicest students of Hogwarts? He really hopes it's not any of his Slytherins...

"Who? Who's bullying you?" he demands, trying his best not to sound too angry.

"Some 7th-year Gryffindors..." she confesses.

Severus slowly nods. Well, someone will surely get house points taken as well as get detention.

"May I ask... Have they given you a reason why they are bullying you?" he asks, wondering why in Merlin's name anybody would bully her.

She nods at that. "It's because of the way I dress when I'm not wearing my uniform... You know I love to only wear black. Well, apparently, they see it as a bad thing. They call me a Goth, a weirdo, a freak, and sometimes even a Death Eater... Because of the last part, people have started to keep their distance from me because they believe those rumours. I'm always alone, Sev" she says as she starts crying again, burying her face in her hands.

Severus frowns. He cannot believe anybody would bully her simply for only wearing black. He too loves to wear black, they do have that thing in common.

He has indeed noticed that Y/N has been keeping to herself lately. He has also noticed how a few other students have seemed to keep their distance from her, he however hasn't thought much of it.

Making sure no one is near, he embraces her as he hugs her tightly.

"Those foolish people don't know what they are doing, dunderheads like them don't use the few brain cells they have left. Anybody with common sense can tell that you aren't a Death Eater. Do not listen to what they say about you" he says, huffing as he thinks of the idiotic dunderheads.

"By the way, Y/N, black suits you. And you are never alone - I'm always here for you, love" he assures her as he kisses her right cheek, wiping off her tears with his thumb.

He knows what it feels like to be bullied, especially by Gryffindors, which is why he's going to stop it.

He then caresses her left cheek. "Tell me their names, Y/N. I will make sure that they won't bully you anymore" he says as he looks into her eyes.

She hesitantly tells him. He then gets up from the floor and helps her up.

"Go and wait for me in my private chambers. I will take care of this right away" he states.

Nodding, Y/N slowly walks towards the dungeons. As she does so, Severus immediately strolls towards the Quidditch Stadium. As he arrives, he spots the 7th-year Gryffindors right away.

Growling, he approaches them. "Bullying other students is NOT tolerated. Also, it's almost curfew. Be glad that Filch is busy, otherwise I would have handed you to him... Fifty points from Gryffindor and detention for three months" he declares.

The 7th-year Gryffindors all groan at that. "That's not fair! Is this about Y/L/N? That girl is a freak!" one of the boys exclaims.

Gritting his teeth, Severus grabs the boy's shirt. "Want another fifty points and three months' detention?" he asks as he raises an eyebrow, giving the boy a dangerous look.

The Gryffindor gulps as he quickly shakes his head. Severus then lets go of him.

"I thought so. Detention will start Monday after dinner. Do NOT be late" he snaps at them.

As they all look terrified, the Potions Master then leaves the Quidditch Stadium, smirking.

He then heads towards the dungeons as he enters his private chambers. He finds Y/N on his bed, hugging one of his cloaks.

He chuckles at that before sitting next to her. "They won't bother you anymore. If they are foolish enough to do so, you will come to me. Remember that you are never alone, Y/N" he says as he hugs her, kissing her forehead.

The girl smiles. "I will. Thank you, Sev" she says as she nuzzles her face into his chest.

They stay like that the whole night, enjoying each other's embrace as Severus comforts his girlfriend.

After that day, those Gryffindors never bother her again.