Summer Love (SS)

Introduction:
Sixteen-year old Severus Snape wants to get away from his father and decides to go to a nearby lake. There, he meets a girl named Y/N Y/L/N. He quickly falls in love only for his whole world to be shattered when she has to go back to North America. Will they ever see each other again?

This is a request from an anon on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 7/8/2022
———————————————

Word count: 1.9k
TW: A bit of angst (don't worry, it's a happy ending!)

It's finally summer. Sixteen-year old Severus Snape sighs in relief. No more Potter and his friends... No more looking behind his shoulder, wondering when their next attack will be... At least not until his sixth year begins.

However, he now has another problem - his abusive father. Will this ever end? He's not safe anywhere.

He's thinking of what to do now. He could stay in his room all day while reading. His father might have a bad day and take it out on him, though...

After weighing his options, the black-haired boy decides to head over to a nearby lake. It's far enough for him to avoid his father. Hopefully there won't be any annoying Muggle children playing there.

He grabs his Potions book and slowly walks downstairs. He looks from left to right. No sight of his father - good.

He sneaks into the small hallway. He however stops in his tracks as he hears a sound.

As he turns around, he finds his father asleep on the couch. He must have passed out from drinking...

Ignoring the many beer bottles on the floor, Severus is about to reach for the door as he notices a handwritten note on the refrigerator in the kitchen.

"Gone grocery shopping - will be back later. Love, Mum" the note states.

The boy huffs. She just wanted to get away from her drunk husband.

And so will he. He grabs the door handle and finally leaves the house in Spinner's End.

After walking for a while, he arrives at his destination. He finds a tree to lean against before starting to read his book.

The boy is unlucky, though - after only thirty minutes, it starts raining.

"Great" he mutters under his breath.

What now? He really doesn't want to go home in case his father has woken up. But he can't stay here and catch a cold... Besides, his book will get ruined by the rain.

As he's about to give up and go home and sulk in his room, he no longer feels the dripping water on him. Weird, did it stop raining?

As he looks up, he notices that an umbrella is shielding him from the rain. He sees a girl next to him, smiling.

"Hi. I saw you didn't have an umbrella with you, and I didn't want you to get any more wet" she explains.

He looks at her, puzzled. He doesn't even know her name, and she has already shown her kindness. Is this a trick? Is she going to say something demeaning to him?