Your Cousin Never Forgot you (SS) *Crossover between HP & ATLA*

Introduction:
Y/N Y/L/N is living in the Wizarding World. However, she has a secret that only her secret boyfriend, Severus Snape, and best friend, Lucius Malfoy, know about - she's from another dimension. She's Ursa's cousin. She left her dimension after the Hundred Year War as her cousin's husband, Fire Lord Ozai, had gone too far. Y/N misses her cousin every day. What will she discover when her cousin's son suddenly shows up at Hogwarts?

PS: This is a crossover between Harry Potter and Avatar: The Last Airbender. This is a request from Encantadiafan12 on Wattpad & Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

Word count: 1.1k

Published: 12/7/2021
———————————————

TW: Mentions of death

"Can you hand me a Skele-Gro Potion, Y/N?" Madam Pomfrey asks her assistant. The woman nods as she does so.

The assistant, Y/N Y/L/N, has been at Hogwarts for a while. Nobody knows her background story, though.

The only ones who know are the two only people she trusts - her secret boyfriend who is also the Potions Master, Severus Snape, and their best friend, Lucius Malfoy.

They know her secret - that she isn't a witch.

How can she do magic, then? Well, there's a simple answer to that. She's a firebender.

She's from a dimension different to the Wizarding World - a dimension where there are waterbenders, firebenders, earthbenders... There used to be airbenders, too. And then there's the Avatar who has mastered all the four bending abilities.

Y/N left her home many years ago after the Hundred Year War. She had no choice. Her cousin Ursa's husband, Fire Lord Ozai, had gone too far.

He chose to follow his father Sozin's footsteps and killed all the airbenders in the Southern Air Temple. It was horrible. He believed that people from the Fire Nation were above everyone else.

Y/N tried to make her cousin and her cousin's children leave with her, but alas, she wouldn't leave her husband nor her home. So Y/N left without a word.

The thought makes her sad. She misses her cousin every day, as well as the children. She wonders if all of them are okay...

Her train of thoughts is interrupted as she feels someone wrapping their arms around her. It's Severus Snape, her secret boyfriend.

They chose not to tell anyone other than Lucius Malfoy about their relationship - the Potions Master's students would not be looking at him the same way if they found out that he's capable of loving someone.

Y/N chuckles at him. "Hello, Severus - where did Poppy go?" she questions as she notices her boss' absence.

Severus kisses her cheek. "One of the second-year students needed her assistance. You know how careless they are" he says, growling at the thought.

Y/N nods. Harry Potter and his fellow classmates do get into trouble quite often....

"By the way, Lucius is here. He wanted to inform Draco that he will have to spend Christmas here at Hogwarts this year" he tells her.

Y/N looks puzzled at that. She wonders what Lucius is up to this Christmas.

"Well, now that he's here, I should probably greet him" she says.

Severus nods as both of them leave the Hospital Wing. They then spot their friend with the cane.

"Ah, Y/N. I see Severus told you I was here" he says as he greets his friends.

Y/N smiles. "Yes, I simply had to greet you now that you are here at Hogwarts" she says.

Suddenly, somebody appears in the halls. Y/N widens her eyes. No. It's someone from her old home - someone from the Fire Nation!

She notices that it's a teenage boy.

He approaches her. "Are you Y/N?" he asks. She notices that half of the boy's face has been burned.

Getting panicked at the thought that he has come to take her to the Fire Lord, she attacks him as she firebends a fireball in her hand. The boy does the same as he attacks back.

They are having an Agni Kai in the middle of the halls. Thank Merlin there aren't any students or teachers nearby to witness it.

As they are fighting, Y/N looks into the boy's eyes as she suddenly stops attacking. Those eyes... They remind her of her cousin, Ursa.

Severus and Lucius then block the boy's view of her as they shield her.

Lucius takes his wand out of his cane. "Stupe-" he starts just as Y/N stops him.

"No, Lucius, it's okay" she gently says.

Severus and Lucius look at each other, confused. Why did she stop him?

Y/N then approaches the boy. "Are you Ursa's son?" she questions.

If it is indeed, then he has certainly grown since she last saw him.

The boy nods. "Yes. My name is Zuko. You are my mother's cousin" he says which Y/N nods at.

He suddenly hands her something - a wooden chest with the Fire Nation emblem. She looks puzzled at that.

"Open it, it's from my mother. I took it before my sister Azula could burn it down. I unfortunately have to go now. I just came here to give this to you" Zuko says.

As he's about to leave, she grabs his hand.

"Is she okay? How did you come here, by the way?" she asks curiously.

She came to the Wizarding World thanks to an object she found. She wonders if there's another one of those.

Sighing, Zuko shows her an object that looks just like the one she found.

"I came thanks to this. As for my mother... I have no idea where she is, whether she is dead or alive" he admits.

Y/N's expression turns sad. She hopes that her cousin is okay.

"But just know this - I'm trying to stop my father. I now know what he's doing to the entire world" he says, looking determined.

Y/N smiles at him. "That's good to hear, Zuko. Do everyone a favour and stop him before it's too late" she tells him.

Nodding, Zuko uses the object as he then disappears.

Severus and Lucius blink a few times. What just happened?

"Y/N?" Lucius gently asks as he puts a hand on her shoulder.

Severus clears his throat. "Why don't we head to my office?" he suggests.

Nodding, the three of them enter his office in the dungeons.

As they do so, Y/N puts the wooden chest down on the floor. She then opens it. She widens her eyes - there are lots of letters inside!

She then reads them. She can't help but let her tears fall as she reads them - her cousin never forgot about her. She in fact thought of her every day, too.

Apparently, she spent her life as a prisoner in the palace on Ozai's orders. She spared her own son's life by leaving the palace. This resulted in her being banished from the Fire Nation. She was never seen again. Her letters end after that incident.

Hugging his girlfriend, Severus wipes off her tears as he reads the letters.

"See, your cousin never forgot you, Y/N. She thought of you every single day as you did with her" he says as he comforts her.

Lucius nods as he reads them, too. "Yes, Severus is right. I'm sure she's fine, Y/N. I believe she's out there somewhere in your dimension, waiting for you" he says, giving her hand a comforting squeeze.

Y/N smiles as them. "You are right, both of you. What would I do without you two?" she says, pulling her friend and her boyfriend into a group hug.

She's sure that her cousin is safe out there.