The Dark Lord's Cousin Pt. 2 (SS)

Introduction:
Severus and Y/N move in together and have a child after the Dark Lord is defeated. Their daughter, Maddie, is however afraid and insecure when she has to start at Hogwarts. What if she will turn out to be like her mother's evil cousin?

This is a request from BuckeyeGirl2002. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 2/18/2023
———————————————

Word count: 1.3k
Warning: Fear of not getting friends and mentions of evil

After the Dark Lord was finally defeated, Severus and Y/N could live a peaceful life together. They moved in together, and Severus decided to retire. He has had enough of teaching dunderheads, and now that he has someone to spend his life with, he would rather stay at home and be with her.

A few years later, Severus proposes to her. They have a quiet wedding with few guests, which is exactly how Severus and Y/N want it. Just them and their close friends.

At their wedding, Y/N surprises not only their guests, but her new husband as well. She's pregnant - they are going to have a girl!

Severus is so happy he can't help but let his tears fall. He's going to be a father... He will do anything in his power to protect his precious child.

Now, eleven years later, their daughter will soon start at Hogwarts. The girl, who's called Maddie, is really nervous. Will she get any friends there? That thought is not the only thing making her nervous, though.

She knows about her mother's evil older cousin who Harry Potter defeated many years ago... Lord Voldemort. Her parents have told her some horrible stories about him. She's afraid that she will turn evil too... She knows that her father's father, her grandpa, was abusive to his son. That means he was evil as well...

What if evil runs in the family? What if it's something she will inherit?

As the day is near, she looks up at her father with a fearful look. "Father... What if I won't get any friends?" she quietly asks.

Severus looks at her with a knowing look. He only had one friend at Hogwarts, so he knows how she feels.

He crouches down and gently grabs her hands. "Maddie... You have nothing to worry about. When people meet you, they will instantly know what a wonderful person you are," he says, making her smile a little.

"Besides, if you ever feel lonely, you may always send your mother and I a letter. We are here for you, sweetheart" he says as he kisses her forehead.

The girl feels a little reassured now. Her father always makes her feel better. She just hopes that her first day will go well...
______________________________

Now, it's time to go to Hogwarts. Severus and Y/N take Maddie to King's Cross Station. All three of them are very emotional, but Maddie manages to wave her parents goodbye and go on the train. She finds somewhere quiet to sit and collect her thoughts until they arrive.

When they arrive, all first-years are gathered together and taken to the Great Hall. All of them look nervous as they walk inside, all eyes on them. Each of them then gets called up to the front where the Sorting Hat will decide which House they belong to.

"Maddie Snape" the Deputy Headmaster calls. The girl nervously walks up to the wooden stool and sits down as the Sorting Hat is placed on her head.

The Hat is not in doubt. "Slytherin!" it states.

The students at the Slytherin table all cheer. Maddie smiles as she joins them. She's proud to be a Slytherin as she knows that her father is one as well. She's however then reminded that her mother's evil cousin was one as well...