The Cursed Manor (SS x reader x LM)

Introduction:
Y/N moves into an abandoned manor. She has no idea why it was so cheap, but she will soon find out why... The place is haunted!

This is not a request. Today is Friday the 13th!👻

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 10/13/2023
———————————————

Word count: 2.3k
Warning: Ghosts, knives and being cursed

Today is the day Y/N Y/L/N has been waiting for - she's finally going to move! She just ended a relationship and was forced to move. Luckily for her, one of her friends found a rather cheap place for her. They however have no idea why it's so cheap, considering that it isn't a house - it's a manor! And a very fancy one, at least according to the pictures on the website.

Right now, her friend is helping her move into her new home. You would almost think that it's the friend who's moving in, judging by her excitement.

"Look, Y/N! That's your new home! Wow, it's huge! You won't mind me visiting you often, right?" her friend says, practically begging.

Y/N chuckles. "Of course not, Sophia. You can come whenever you want to. Just call me in advance" she tells her, both as a joke but also seriously. Sophia has turned up unannounced before...

Sophia giggles. "Yeah, yeah, I promise! Oh, look at that garden! We definitely need to grill one day!" she exclaims excitedly.

She then grabs the keys and runs inside, too impatient to wait for her friend who's the one moving in. Y/N shakes her head. "Wait for me, Sophia! Remember that it's my house, right?" she teases.

As she's about to enter 'Malfoy Manor', she spots something in the garden. At first it looks like a peacock... Well, a transparent peacock. But before she can figure out whether it is or not, it's gone!

That's strange... Perhaps she's just stressed out. There clearly wasn't a peacock in the garden... Who has that anyway?

Shaking off the thought, Y/N enters and finds her friend admiring the place. "Okay, this looks like some sort of fancy party room! And look at all those doors! I bet they are guest rooms! I really don't understand why this place is so cheap and why nobody lives there already" Sophia wonders.

Y/N wonders that, too. How come nobody is living here already? Sure, it is a little dusty, but that's nothing a good cleaning can't fix!

Still wondering about this, the two girls get to work. They decide to only clean the hallway, living room, the kitchen, the dining room, one of the bathrooms, one of the guest rooms and the master bedroom. It takes them almost all day, but they are satisfied with the end-results.

As it's getting late, Sophia looks at Y/N. "I know I promised my mom that I would look after my little brother, but I can stay if you want me to. I don't like you staying here all alone during your first night in this house... Or well, manor" she states.

Y/N smiles at her. "I'll be fine, Sophia. Go and take care of your little brother" she tells her.

Slowly nodding, Sophia hugs her. "Oki doki, see you tomorrow then! Also, don't hesitate to call me if you get scared" she offers.

Now Y/N is laughing. "Getting scared, me? That won't happen. If that really does happen, then I'll owe you a stay at a spa hotel" she confidently says.

Sophia grins. "Deal! See you" she says as she waves, leaving Y/N all alone in her new home.

But she won't get scared... Right?
______________________________