New to the Country Pt. 2 (SS)

Introduction:
Severus and Y/N enjoy their date in The Three Broomsticks.

This is a request from @_Half_bloodprince_. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 9/16/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 1.2k

Today is the day where Y/N Y/L/N and Severus Snape will go on a date together at The Three Broomsticks. Y/N is really excited and yet nervous. She's afraid that she will mess up and accidentally make a mistake - perhaps say something stupid or pronounce something completely wrong.

What if he can't understand her? Will he make fun of her like those Gryffindor students did?

She shakes away the thought. She's probably freaking out for nothing, she's sure he wouldn't treat her like that.

She walks over to his private chambers. She's a little too early, but she can't help herself. She wants to make sure that she's there on time. It would be embarrassing if she was late.

As she's waiting, she keeps fidgeting with her fingers, overthinking the situation. She's so caught up on her own thoughts that she doesn't notice the door open.

"Already here?" a voice startles her. She looks up at the Potions Master by the doorframe. He's crossing his arms with an amused look on his face.

She ignores her red cheeks and offers him a shy smile. "Oh, hello, Professor Snape. Yes, I didn't want to be late..." she admits.

He chuckles. "Seeing as we are going on a date together, you may call me Severus" he tells her.

She looks a little shocked, she can however tell that he's being sincere and serious. "Well, you may call me Y/N, then" she mutters.

"Y/N" he repeats in his silky voice, making her knees turn weak.

Smirking at her reaction, he offers her his arm. "Shall we?" he suggests.

Too shy to say anything, she merely nods and wraps her arm around his. They leave the castle together and walk towards Hogsmeade, enjoying the comfortable silence between them.

Once they arrive at their destination, they enter The Three Broomsticks. Severus seems to already have a spot in mind and pulls out a chair for her. Blushing, Y/N thanks him before sitting down on her seat.

He sits across from her and asks what drink she would like. After she tells him her choice, he asks for a waiter and places their order. He orders himself a firewhiskey. Not long after, they are served the drinks.

As they take their first sip, Severus clears his throat. "I have taken away fifty points from Gryffindor - that should teach them not to make fun of a staff member. I however doubt they will actually learn something, such dunderheads" he mutters.

At that, Y/N smiles at him. "Thank you so much, Severus. You didn't have to" she says, looking grateful.

He smirks. "Maybe, but I wanted to. The Headmaster recently gave Potter points for such a mundane act, so I figured I had to balance it out" he states before taking another sip.

That makes her laugh. In fact, so much that she almost chokes on her drink.

"S-sorry, that was simply too funny" she says, trying to stifle her laugh. She's rather embarrassed that she laughed this much.

Severus chuckles, not seeming bothered by her laugh. "I'm glad you found that funny. I however wish that he would stop giving the boy and his friends points" he says as he sighs in irritation.