Cat as Company (SS x Animagus! reader)

Introduction:
Lucius Malfoy just wants his friend, Severus Snape, to be happy. He has come up with a plan - and it may or may not involve a love interest.

This is a request from lilozg-123 on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 5/20/2023
———————————————

Author's note:
Unfortunately, I will take a 2 weeks break due to exams! And the next two months, I'll start my new fanfic series (vampire! Lucius Malfoy x Muggle! reader x Animagus! Severus Snape) and post my own one shot ideas. But I'll still reopen my requests when I post the next one shot!
———————————————

Word count: 1.6k

Lucius Malfoy takes pride in a lot of things, his hair being one of them. But there is something that means a lot to him, almost, just almost, as much as the look of his hair - his best friend's wellbeing, Severus Snape.

The rich Pureblood has tried numerous times to convince the Potions Master of Hogwarts to go on dates, but his stubborn friend refuses every time. Lucius has, to his own delight, noticed witches obviously flirting with Severus, but the grumpy man can't take a hint. At this point, Lucius truly believes that his friend's flirting skills are non-existing - he at least can't seem to understand it, even though the guy is smart and brilliant!

Maybe Severus simply doesn't want love in his life, or at least believes he doesn't deserve it, but Lucius will have none of that. Therefore, he has come up with a plan. A genius plan, if he may say so himself. This has to work, otherwise his friend will be lonely for eternity... He just wants him to be happy.

And he knows the exact person who will be suitable for him. If she can't steal his heart, then nobody can.

So Lucius decides to pay him a visit at Hogwarts. He confidently walks over to the Potions classroom, knowing exactly where Severus Snape spends his time. He knocks twice on the door.

A loud sigh can be heard. "Come in" an irritated voice states.

Lucius enters with a smile on his face. "Severus, there you are. Just the man I wanted to talk to" he says.

Severus raises an eyebrow. "Lucius... And why have I been blessed with your presence on a day where I have anything but time?" he asks, clearly impatient. He must be grading papers.

Lucius ignores the guy's irritation. "I just wanted to see how you are doing" he merely says, giving an innocent look. Severus knows that look very well - he's up to something.

"What do you really want?" Severus growls, having no patience for this.

Smiling, Lucius hands him a cat. Yes, a cat...

"Why are you handing me this cat? I'm sure Filch wouldn't mind it..." Severus mutters, looking dumbfounded. Why in Merlin's name is Lucius giving him a cat?

Lucius chuckles. "Oh, this cat is a gift from me to you, my dear friend. I thought you could use some company" he simply says, ignoring Severus' raised eyebrow.

Before his friend can protest and give him the cat back, Lucius suddenly seems to be busy. "Oh, how unfortunate. I forgot that I have an appointment, these hands don't give themselves a manicure. See you later, Severus" he says in an almost sing-song voice before he's out the door, leaving Severus there with a cat in his hands.

The Potions Master grits his teeth. Lucius did this on purpose... Now what? What is he going to do with a cat?

He then takes a look at the creature. It looks up at him as it meows, looking so gentle and peaceful. Severus sighs. Perhaps the cat will take care of itself...