No Longer Friends (SS)

Introduction:
Severus Snape's wife comes home early from a day out with her friend. When he sees that she's upset, he makes it his personal mission to figure out what happened.

This is a request and birthday present for giosnape on Tumblr. Buon compleanno (happy birthday)!🥳🎁🎂

Note: This was supposed to be about "Bad Day at Work", but because of recent events, I couldn't make myself write it as it would become too personal.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Published: 10/9/2023
———————————————

Word count: 979
Warning: Angst (Loss of friendship and threatening to curse somebody)

Severus Snape is at home in Spinner's End, drinking a cup of tea. His wife, Y/N, left less than an hour ago to go out with one of her good friends.

Severus is happy that she spends time with her friends - that means he gets to stay home alone and enjoy some quiet time. Even though the longer they have been married, the more he misses her whenever she's not near him. He almost considered tying her to the bed this morning just so she couldn't leave... But he obviously didn't do it. She needs her time with her friends.

He will just have to occupy himself until she gets home - perhaps read a book? Or brew a potion? Even though he enjoys these things very much, he would still rather have her next to him. He sighs to himself. He wishes that she would get home earlier today.

Just as he's about to take another sip of his drink, the front door suddenly opens. He grabs his wand to stop the intruders. However, when he faces the newcomer, he widens his eyes. It's his wife - why is she already home? Did his wish come true?

"Darling? Why are you already home?" he questions, tilting his head.

Y/N tries to hide a sniffle. "Oh, hi, Sev... I got tired and decided to go home early" she says.

Severus then notices that her eyes are red. His expression softens. "Y/N... What's wrong?" he gently asks.

"Nothing" she merely replies. He raises an eyebrow at that. 'Nothing'? Something is obviously wrong! And he must know what happened.

He pats the spot next to him on the couch, silently telling her to sit down. Sighing, Y/N decides to do what her husband says. Once she's sitting down, he gently grabs her hands in his. "Love... What happened?" he demands, though as gently as he can.

His wife sniffles. "Jessica invited me to the cafe we usually go to - only to tell me... To tell me that..." she tries to say, her lips trembling.

She then takes a deep breath. "To tell me that we are no longer friends" she finally tells him with tears in her eyes.

Severus blinks a few times. He must have become hard-of-hearing, because there's no way those two are no longer friends. They have been friends for over a decade!

"Could you repeat that? I thought you said that you two are no longer friends" he says, convinced that he heard wrong. Because if he didn't... Would that then be his fault? Because he wanted his wife to return home earlier?

She sniffles again. "No, you heard correctly, Sev... Jessica and I are no longer friends" she repeats, the tears now falling down her cheeks. Severus wipes them away with his thumb.

"Why in Merlin's name would she end your friendship like that?" he questions, absolutely confused. And also feeling guilty for his wish...

"She said that she felt like we had grown apart, that she could no longer see us hanging out. She said that I've changed over the years" she explains. At that, Severus huffs. Everybody changes through the years... People evolve as a person.

While he listened to her explanation, he could feel himself burning with rage. He's very, very angry... With Jesica. "That imbecile... That dunderhead... How dare she upset my wife? Should I curse her? Perhaps spike her morning coffee with a dangerous potion?" he offers, sounding utterly serious.

"No, Sev... I just... want to move on" she states, sniffling once more.

His expression softens again before he wraps his arms around her and kisses the top of her head. "Very well... You don't need Jessica, Y/N. You have other friends who love you for who you are. And you are perfect the way you are" he mutters, now kissing her forehead as he speaks.

"And I know it's not much, but... You have me as well" he whispers, now kissing her mouth. She smiles against his lips.

"That means everything to me, Sev. Thank you" she replies, kissing him back.

He sighs against her lips. "... Are you sure you don't want me to curse her? Lucius could help" he offers.

That makes her laugh. "I'm sure, Sev. You and Lucius would surely be up to no good if I let you do something together" she says, chuckling.

He now smirks. "Oh, but it would be the best revenge in the entire Wizarding World..." he states in a confident tone.

She playfully smacks his arm. "I'm sure it would... But I don't think Narcissa would let her husband loose with you, knowing what you two are capable of" she states.

Severus rolls his eyes. "Fine... Can I at least show my wife how much she means to me?" he mutters, though not in an annoyed tone.

Y/N smiles at him lovingly. "Naturally, my dear husband" she replies, giving him an innocent smile.

Smiling back, though not so innocently, Severus attacks her with kisses and touches. He definitely knows how to cheer up his wife. And he and Lucius might take revenge without her knowing it... Perhaps Jessica will wake up to a horrible haircut tomorrow.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "The Cursed Manor" (SS x reader x LM) will be published on 10/13/2023!