The Demon Hunter (Valtor)

Author's note:
The Demon Hunter named Y/N has been hunting Valtor for a very long time. Will she finally catch him, or will he get away once more?

This is a request from jamiebarnesws on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 7/14/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 762
Warning: Blades and mentions of killing

She has waited such a long time. For so long she has hunted him, yet without any results. This one isn't like the others - he's special.

The Demon Hunter is in the woods, tracking down her target. All demons fear her, which they should - she has killed thousands of them.

Y/N is on everybody's lips. "Will she catch him? Will she finally get him?" they would whisper to each other.

She merely huffs at their words. She will catch him, she knows she will. Today is the day, she can feel it in her soul.

She has been hunting a particular demon for a really long time - Valtor.

He's probably the most feared of all demons. He's manipulative and can easily get whatever he wants. He's dangerous, which is why she must catch him and kill him.

Y/N has been a demon hunter almost all her life. She's a professional, a natural. All the other hunts have been too easy. Yet, this one is different. He is different.

She hears something by the bushes. Feeling cautious, she brings out her two katana-like blades, ready to attack.

To her disappointment, it's merely a bunny. No signs of Valtor.

"Great. Where could he be?" she mutters to herself.

She decides to walk deeper into the woods. As she does so, she catches a familiar smell. It's his smell. It's hard for her to describe it - it smells like old books and something else. A perfume, perhaps?

Valtor isn't like most demons after all. He has two forms - his human, wizard form and his demon form.

Last time they met, she saw him in his demon form. It was terrifying - he had horns on his forehead and big wings on his shoulder blades. Even in his demon form he was all purple and burgundy. That must be his favourite colour.

She won't admit it, but the stupid demon is rather attractive in his human state. That probably helps him manipulate people into doing whatever he wants them to do - he just has to smile at them and promise them whatever they would like to hear, then they'll do whatever he asks.

He's a good talker, she'll give him that. A manipulative and handsome good talker.

As she looks at the scar on her left forearm, she immediately thinks back to their last battle when he was in his demon form. It was an intense and serious battle - she was stuck between life and death after that encounter. She luckily survived, her scar is a reminder of that.

She survived thanks to her being incredibly fast, and thanks to the fact that she can attack her opponent without even moving - if she's in great trouble, she can attack her target by making her soul come out of her body and surprise attack them. It takes a lot of effort and can easily tire her, but it's worth it.

And it certainly was that day. The burgundy demon did not see that coming.

She stops in her tracks when she hears something. She closes her eyes as she concentrates, focusing on her surroundings. The atmosphere seems to have changed...

He's here.

Using her ability to run fast, she catches up to the strawberry blonde-haired man without him realising it. She grabs the ropes from the pocket of her trousers and throws it at him, tying him up so he can't escape. He groans in surprise.

Y/N stands in front of him, giving a smug look. "Gotcha!" she taunts.

"How long I've been chasing you... Well, that ends now" she states with victory in her voice as she's about to retrieve her blades.

She however glares at him when she hears him chuckle. "That took you quite some time, my dear" he drawls.

"Unfortunately for you, it won't last" he tells her, smirking.

She raises an eyebrow at that. What is he talking about?

She's surprised when he suddenly kisses her. The kiss seems to make everything stop. She forgets where they are and what they are doing.

As she finally registers what's happening, he's free from the ropes.

"As always, it's been a pleasure" he says, giving a mocking bow. He's then gone, vanished into thin air.

Y/N growls. She had him! And now he's gone!

Sighing, she decides to go home to make a new plan. Valtor might have escaped, but she's determined to catch him again.

Only next time, her goal won't be to kill him. She wants something else from him - and it may or may not involve another kiss.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Unplanned Day Off" (LM) will be published on 7/17/2022!