A Song for You (SS)

Introduction:
Y/N Y/L/N is a talented songwriter who never releases anything under her own name. She sings them to her boyfriend, Severus Snape, before they are published.

This is a request from an anonymous on Tumblr. Thank you for the request! And sorry that it's so short🥲

I hope you enjoy! Also, happy birthday to our favourite Potions Master, Severus Snape!🥳🧪

Published: 1/9/2024
———————————————

Word count: 566

Y/N Y/L/N is a talented songwriter who writes songs for bands and singers. She has never released anything under her own name, but she does sing them for one very special person before she hands over the texts to her clients.

And that very special person is the Potions Master of Hogwarts - Severus Snape. He always listens to her sing, knowing how happy it makes her. He secretly loves it - and he can't help but feel smug about being the very first person listening to the songs.

Today is no ordinary day of listening to her sing. He's sitting on the couch and sipping on his tea while watching her stand in front of him, giving him a little private concert. She looks at him deep in the eyes as she sings the song.

"If only you knew how handsome you are... If only you knew how much you mean to me. 'Cause baby you are everything to me. When I look into your eyes I know that I'm safe... I feel so safe with you. Oh, your dark hair... Your obsidian eyes... I must be dreaming" she sings with such emotions.

As she sang the song, Severus looked deep into her eyes as well. He could truly feel the emotions from the song. It almost felt as if it could have been about him. But there's no way... Besides, she only writes songs for clients.

"It's... beautiful... Who did you write this song for?" he questions, wondering what band or singer will be singing this. Whoever it will be, they can't beat her voice. That's a fact.

"For you" Y/N simply says, not hiding her smile.

He raises an eyebrow. "Do I look like I play in a band?" he asks in his usual sarcastic voice.

She giggles. "No, I mean... I wrote this song for you, not for any band to sing it. It's your birthday today, so I thought I would write a song for you" she tells him.

Severus is stunned. This song is for him? And it's his birthday? He has truly lost track of time to not know what day it is...

"Also... The song is about you" she confesses.

He blinks a few times. "It... it is?" he asks, feeling so loved yet so confused. The song is so beautiful... How could it be about him?

She nods as she kisses his cheek. He sighs and leans closer to her. She then wraps her arms around him.

"Of course it is! You do truly make me feel safe. And you really are handsome... I don't know what I love the most - your hair, your eyes or your nose" she says dreamingly.

Meanwhile, Severus winces. "Surely not my nose..." he mutters.

At that, she looks at his nose in a loving way. "You know what? ESPECIALLY your nose" she says before kissing his nose, making his cheeks turn a little pink.

"Happy birthday, Severus!" she exclaims happily.

He waits a moment before responding, but when he does, he smiles. Yes, Severus Snape is smiling. "Thank you, Y/N... I love you" he confesses.

"And I love you too" she replies before the two of them share a kiss.

Not only did Severus get to listen to unpublished songs, but he also got one specifically written for him on his birthday. Happy birthday to the Potions Master!
———————————————

Author note:
The next one shot is "Handcuffed" (Valtor) *smut*!