Best Babysitter (SS & Godson! DM)

Introduction:
Severus babysits his four-year old Godson, Draco Malfoy.

*This does not contain reader insert*

PS: This is a request from zennyloves on Tumblr.

Word count: 1.5k

Published: 2/15/2022
———————————————

Severus Snape apparates outside Malfoy Manor, knocking on the door while waiting for a house elf to let him inside. The Potions Master of Hogwarts has a job to do - he has been asked to babysit his young Godson while Lucius and Narcissa go to a fancy restaurant in Diagon Alley.

At first, he didn't want to as he had just been teaching a bunch of dunderhead students, but he decided to do so anyway.

His Godson might possibly be the only child he can tolerate. And he usually doesn't tolerate children at all.

He won't admit it to anyone, but four-year old Draco does bring him joy. He's very proud to be his Godfather.

He hopes that the young child will be skilled at potion-making when he goes to Hogwarts.

His train of thoughts is interrupted as a house elf opens the door.

"Welcome, Mr. Snape. Master and Mistress Malfoy are waiting in the living room" the elf states.

Nodding, Severus strolls towards the room. He's greeted by Lucius, Narcissa and a hyper Draco.

The boy is jumping up and down, looking so happy to see his Godfather.

"Uncle Sev!" the boy exclaims as he runs to the man in black, wrapping his tiny arms around his legs.

Severus almost stumbles back, startled by the greeting.

Narcissa chuckles. "He has waited all day for you to come, Severus. He has been very excited" she says, smiling while looking at her young son.

Severus pats his Godson's head in greeting, silently telling him to let go.

Lucius chuckles as well, signalling for his son to let go of the man. Draco finally does so as he approaches his parents.

"Now, Draco. Your mother and I will be going out for a few hours. Remember to listen to your uncle, understood?" Lucius asks as he looks at the boy, giving him a serious look.

Draco nods. "Yes, Father. I understand" he assures.

The pair greet them goodbye as they apparate to Diagon Alley.

Once they are gone, Severus clears his throat. "So... I have to brew a potion for the Headmaster of Hogwarts. While I do so, can you distract yourself?" he questions.

He hopes he can as he really needs to brew that potion as soon as possible.

Draco thinks for a while before jumping up and down again. "Ooh, yeah! I can draw while you make potions!" he exclaims enthusiastically.

Severus chuckles, looking amused as the boy runs to grab a parchment and crayons.

As the boy sits down by the table and starts doodling something, Severus conjures everything he needs for the potion. He then starts brewing, carefully cutting the ingredients.

Just as he's about to pour them into the cauldron, Draco hurries towards him, showing his Godfather his creation.

"Look, Uncle Sev! That's you and me!" the boy happily exclaims as he hands over his drawing.

On the parchment is what looks like Severus and Draco, both looking happy. Draco has signed it with "To the best Godfather in the world. From Draco" with a few misspellings.