Dream or Fate? (SS)

Introduction:
One night, a sixth-year Severus Snape has two dreams. They both show an outcome of his life - which one will he choose?

This is not a request.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 6/27/2023
———————————————

Word count: 701

It's night time at Hogwarts. All students and professors are asleep, including a sixth-year Slytherin named Severus Snape. At first, Severus isn't dreaming of anything, simply just sleeping while everything is black. That is until a dream starts.

He's in the hallways, trying to avoid the Marauders. He suddenly spots a girl from his year - Y/N Y/L/N. He has had feelings for her for a while now, but he has never done anything about it. Why would he? She would probably just laugh at him or ignore him.

For some reason, the dream makes him approach her. He suddenly says something he thought would never come out of his mouth. "Y/N, would you like to go on a date with me?" he asks, sounding much more confident than he feels.

She doesn't laugh at him nor ignore him - instead, she smiles and accepts. The scene then changes, showing their date at Hogsmeade. It seems very nice and cosy, also enjoyable.

The scene changes again... This time, it's a wedding. Wait a minute - it's their wedding! They are getting married. It surprises Severus, yet it also makes him happy. If only this would happen in real life...

Suddenly, everything gets dark and cold. The scene changes again, except he's back in the hallways. He sees Y/N again, only this time he doesn't approach her.

The scene changes, showing Severus looking sad while he watches Y/N saying yes to another guy.
It then shows her getting married to the same guy...

The last image he sees before he wakes up is him all alone and lonely, dying with no one surrounding him.

He wakes up with a gasp and tears in his eyes. It was all just a dream... Right?
______________________________

The next day, Potions class has just ended. He overheard the Marauders wanting to pull a trick on him, so he's doing his very best to avoid them.

He suddenly stops in his tracks when he sees her - Y/N Y/L/N. Severus blinks a few times. This feels exactly like the dream last night. What if it wasn't a dream? What if it showed him the future, his fate? What if it tried to show him what his life would be like?

He looks around and sees no one except for them. He takes a deep breath - it's now or never. He slowly approaches her.

"H-hello, Y/N... I was wondering, um... W-would you like to... to go on a date with m-me?" he nervously asks, nowhere near as confident as in the dream. He curses himself under his breath for stammering. Now she will definitely laugh at him and reject him...

Except she doesn't. Like in the dream, she smiles at him. "Hi, Severus! I would love to go on a date with you. How about Hogsmeade next Saturday?" she suggests. Severus merely nods, too nervous to say anything.

"All right, it's a date! See you there!" she says all giddy and happy before leaving Severus standing there, completely shocked and surprised about what just happened. Will he get his happy ending?
______________________________

The answer to his question is yes. Fast forward, the two of them had a lovely first date. A first date that turned into many dates, which turned into a relationship. Now, five years later, they are getting married. Not only that, but they are also expecting a child.

As Severus looks at his soon-to-be wife, he smiles and blinks away his tears. These are happy tears - he's so happy knowing that he will have a nice and happy life with the person he loves.

"And will you, Severus Snape, take Y/N Y/L/N as your wife?" the man in front of them asks him.

Severus doesn't hesitate before answering. He grabs Y/N's hand, giving it a squeeze. "Yes, I will" he replies very confidently.

"Then I hereby declare you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride" the man states.

Severus immediately looks at Y/N. As she smiles, he smiles back before they share their first of many kisses as a married couple.

Severus will never regret that he chose the happy ending.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "The New Volunteer" (SS) will be posted on 7/8/2023!