A Wizard and His Snake (SS & Missy Hissy🐍)

Introduction:
Severus Snape tries to enjoy his student-free summer. However, the peace is interrupted when Lucius Malfoy suddenly shows up with a box. What could be inside?

This is not a request. There's no reader in this story.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 6/8/2023
———————————————

Author's note:
Here's the story about Severus' snake, Hissy!

By the way, two announcements:
First, my next fanfic series "Isolated Vampire" (vampire! Lucius Malfoy x Muggle! reader x Animagus! Severus Snape" will start next week (6/16/2023)! Second, my requests are FINALLY open again!🥳

Also, happy birthday to urmadray 🥳🎂🎁!
———————————————

Word count: 1.3k

It's an ordinary day at Spinner's End - Severus Snape is spending his summer holiday all alone in peace, brewing potions and reading books. He sits down on his couch and sighs in relief to himself. This must be what Heaven is like - no missions, no stress, no dunderhead students blowing up his classroom and complaining about homework... Just him, his books and potion ingredients ready to be used.

He pours himself a glass of firewhiskey, ready to enjoy the liquid. However, just as he's about to bring the glass towards his lips, a knock on the front door can be heard. That puzzles him almost as much as it annoys him - who in Merlin's name dares to interrupt him? He can only think of two people...

Grumbling to himself, he decides to figure out who it is. When he opens the door, he sees his friend Lucius Malfoy. That makes Severus relieved - it wasn't Albus Dumbledore, which means no mission for the Order... However, what is Lucius doing here?

"Lucius... What a surprise to see you here. I thought we agreed that I would come and visit you next month" Severus reminds him, not even hiding his annoyance.

Lucius merely smiles. "It's good to see you, Severus. And I know, I simply wanted to see how my friend was doing..." he says before he spots the drink in Severus' hand. He then grabs it out of his hand, making the Potions Master glare at him.

"Why, thank you, this is just what I needed. You really know how to welcome your guests" Lucius innocently says as he takes a sip, knowing full well it wasn't meant for him.

Severus rolls his eyes at him. "Well, now that you are here... Come in" he mutters as he steps aside for his friend to enter.

The rich Pureblood immediately enters before Severus can take his words back. He takes another sip before his friend loses his patience. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Severus asks, getting irritated that the blonde man just shows up without any explanation.

Lucius chuckles before answering. "Oh, right. I almost forgot," he says as he retrieves a small object from his pocket. He then casts Engorgio on it, revealing a big box.

That makes Severus raise an eyebrow. "Why have you brought a box with you?" he questions, wondering what's inside.

"I thought it would be rude not to bring a present. Why don't you open it?" Lucius encourages, handing it to Severus.

The black-haired man reluctantly takes it and places it on the small dining table before slowly opening it. What he sees inside almost gives him a heart attack.

"What in Merlin's- A snake?!" he demands, jumping in the process. Lucius tries his best not to laugh, but fails miserably. That earns him a glare which he ignores.