Forbidden Love (SS)

Introduction:
Severus Snape, a fifth-year student, is in love. Unfortunately for him, the wrong people find out and bully him... And it only makes it worse that he's a vampire.

This is a request from DreamyKawaii. Thank you for your request and happy belated birthday!🥳🎁

I hope you enjoy! Happy New Year🥳

Published: 1/2/2024
———————————————

Word count: 843
Warning: Bullying, vampires and mentions of an abusive parent

Severus Snape sighs under the tree he's sitting under, unable to focus reading the book on his lap. Something terrible has happened, something he was hoping would never happen to him - he's in love. The fifth-year Slytherin boy is in love with a Ravenclaw girl.

He has been for a while now, trying to deny it... However, he can't deny it. Not anymore.

Unfortunately, even if she did feel the same, which is very unlikely, they would never be together anyway. Nobody wants to date a vampire... It's forbidden. It's an unspoken rule that nobody would dare to break.

Severus became a vampire last summer. He decided he wanted a break from his abusive father, so he went to Wizarding London to go for a walk. The young boy didn't think about it being nighttime and was attacked during his walk - a vampire bit him.

Once the attack was over, he hurried back home. He couldn't hold the tears back as it hurt too much.

He told his mother what happened, and she thought it would be best if they didn't tell his Muggle father. He probably wouldn't like the idea of having a vampire son if he knew about it...

After that summer night, things haven't been easy for the Slytherin. He can't go outside in the sunlight, he has to stay in the shadows. He can't eat garlic anymore... Not that it really bothers him anyway. And his teeth - he hates them! Stupid fangs!

Severus' train of thoughts is interrupted when he hears the horrible sound of James Potter's voice.

"Ew, who let that vampire sit under that tree??" he exclaims, making gagging sounds.

Sirius Black copies him. "Yeah, right. Who allowed that? I'm never sitting under that tree ever again!" he says, being dramatic.

Severus rolls his eyes, trying to ignore them. It's quite difficult as they get closer to him, invading his personal space.

Black suddenly spots a piece of parchment in the Slytherin boy's book. Without even asking, the Gryffindor boy grabs it.

"Hey!" Severus yells, but Black ignores him. As the Gryffindor looks at the parchment, he suddenly bursts out laughing.

"Hey, Prongs, Moony, Wormtail... Take a look at this! Snivellus is in love with Y/N Y/L/N!" he tells his companions. They burst out laughing, too.

Meanwhile, Severus can feel his cheeks turn red from embarrassment. Why in Merlin's name had he been so careless to write her name on a piece of parchment and doodle a heart next to it?! Love truly makes you crazy... And stupid.

Potter suddenly smirks. "But that Ravenclaw girl will be yours, Padfoot, won't she?" he says in order to mock Severus.

Black smirks as well. "Why, of course! There's no way she would say no to my good looks! Besides, she would never fall for a bloodsucking freak like Snivellus here" he taunts, pointing at the Slytherin. He then gets an evil idea.

"Say, you look really pale, Snivellus. Why don't you get a bit of tan from the sunlight?" he suggests in a mocking, mean tone.

Severus panics. He knows that sunlight will hurt him!

Just as Black grabs his wand and points it at Severus who's standing in the shadow of the tree, it suddenly flies out of his hand.

He looks at it, stunned. The others are stunned as well. Who did that?

The question is answered quickly as the girl they were just talking about before takes a few steps in front of them, defending Severus. She glares at them.

"Don't you dare do that! You do know that sunlight will hurt him!" she reminds them.

Potter and Black shrug. "Who cares?" Potter merely says. Y/N gives him a warning look that clearly scares him as the Gryffindor boy gulps before taking a few steps back.

However, Black laughs. "Right, who cares? Didn't you hear that the freak likes you? Aren't you disgusted by that?" he questions, a flirty look on his face.

She huffs. "I heard everything... To be honest, I'm disgusted that YOU think I would be yours! For your information - I like Severus back. Oh, and by the way, what good looks?" she taunts the smug Gryffindor. Well, he's not so smug anymore after that statement...

The Marauders are all bewildered, Black's mouth literally open from surprise. Severus is bewildered too - she likes him back?

As she turns around to look at the Slytherin, she smiles. He tries to gain the courage to speak. "Y-you do? B-but... Aren't you disgusted by what I am?" he asks, unsure. Is this really real?

"I do like you, and I'm not disgusted. Not at all. Besides... Not many people can say that they are dating a vampire" she giggles before giving him a kiss, right there in front of the Marauders.

Severus got the girl, Black's ego was hurt, and the Marauders won't bully him after this episode. For once in his life, Severus is happy. All thanks to Y/N Y/L/N who had the courage to date a vampire.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "A Song for You" (SS) will be published on 1/9/2024!